xisto Community
wazzupster0204

Is It Worth It To Get Gmail ? Is Gmail Good?

instead of knowing the advantages of GMail, Yahoo and Hotmail...Can i know the desanvantages? Because I want to create a new email, but i don't know which one is good. Also this email will be like for the future, it will be with my real name.

Gmail is great for many reasons!1. Way over 2 GB of storage!!2. Web Interface3. Cost: FREE4. Able to use an email client5. Format the text in the web interface6. Labels7. Groups messages and conversations8. Don't have to delete9. Spam folder10. And much more!Gmail is worth it! To get an invitation, search using Google for "free gmail invites" or "free gmail invitations" to find some!

I love using gmail. It has a great ammount of storage and message capacity. Also it has great support and you can arrange your messages more thourohly and star them. However, the bad thing about gmail is that it doesn't have an instant messenger. If it did it would be so popular.

Like many of the users here have said already, GMail is a great service. It provides more than enough space for the average email user (unless you email a lot of media files).The interface is very simple and quick to navigate. If I didn't have my Yahoo email (which everyone emails me with), I would have used GMail as my primary email account.

Yeah that is true. Another bad thing about gmail is that you can't send .exe files. I can understand why they do this but they should have a thing that detects if the file is dangerous or not because that really disappointed me when I found out I couldn't do that.

Yeah that is true. Another bad thing about gmail is that you can't send .exe files. I can understand why they do this but they should have a thing that detects if the file is dangerous or not because that really disappointed me when I found out I couldn't do that.

1064323745[/snapback]

Actually you can store .exe files on GMail, with the use of this programme which allows you to use GMail as an extra hard drive! Try it, it's excellent.

i am using gmail about a month. it is very nice. famous for its big capacity and also fast loading, clever shortcuts and nice new features. what i like is puting messeges about the same thing together, so you dont have to search for same thing by different composers

Gmail cons - None. People who hate gmail should be kicked in the sack. It's better then aaaaaaaaaaaany email I've used...bar none. Get one today and drop the old accounts you have :)

1064319894[/snapback]

Well i have very less bandwidth at my college...it goes in bytes some times (third world country)..so gmail page doestn open up at all...not to mention other services related to google like orkut..on the other hand yahoo mail signs in real easy..

yahoo beats in every service whether its IM or Mail ..except for search when i am at low bandwidth ..when at home gmail is AOK

Gmail is great. Huge stogare space. Very fast, optimized with JavaScript. Simple interface.It's the best choice nowadays. Use that.But nothing is perfect. Sometime, you can't access the POP server or The webmail say "Unable to contact the server...".That's all.

Wazzupster, I have to say that your friends are mentally retarded. There are no nada ningun nadie nunca zip zilch cons of using Gmail, except the fact that you have to register a new e-mail address and there are advertisements that don't "invade your privacy". Jeez, why do people so angry and upset about target advertisement? It's not like they look into your personal information and broadcast it. Sigh, such sensitive people.Anyway, your friends are nuts and they should be kicked between the legs. Heck, I'm just kidding but seriously, they have a problem. Hotmail and Yahoo! are even worse - they have more ads than Google and their storage is waaaaay less than the evergrowing storage space of Google.Hotmail = 2mbYahoo! = 1gbHotmail = sucks horribly, deserves to get blammedYahoo! = pretty good, but don't like the layout and interfaceA decent storage space is good but I have no idea why Hotmail isn't doing anything. They're behind the line... waaay behind. 250 megabytes for US residents but I'm not a US resident, fool! Racists? Or area-ists? What is their problem?Meh, Google has over 2 gigabytes of storage, so I went with Gmail. I am very content with their free services and I don't mind looking at their advertisements (well, I don't look at 'em). Use Google Talk with your Gmail account and it will be like an e-mail notifier. Good stuff, don't you think?Anyway, the final answer is= YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH GMAIL

1064323745[/snapback]

Yeah... even if you put an .exe in a zip file, it still finds them... even if you send it to yourself. I like Yahoo's approach to this though: built-in virus scanner on the email servers and have it scan every attachment uploaded and every attachment downloaded. I wish Google would to this because sometimes you just need to send an exe... (keyword: Sometimes!)

[N]F

GMail is the single best thing thats ever happened to my mail. Im in absolute love with GMail. Auto Suggest - Suggests email addresses and people that you might wanna email when you start to type an address.Spell Check - Very good spell checker checking my emailDrafts - makes sure nothing gets lost while im typing Search - Lightening Fast searching for my mailLables - Sort mail into 'multiple' folders Storage - Always increasingConversation view on email - very nice way to organise emailI don't really have anything against GMail, but I do love it, make the switch, its well worth it.

In my case, if you already have an email, like Hotmail or something, then there's no reason to really get Gmail unless you want that 1 gig and stuff. I have never ever gone over 2 percent of my email max at all for hotmail, given I have 250 megs of space there. So if you think you'll be getting well over 250 megs of space used everytime, then it surely is right for you to get it. If you think it'll be around 150 or something, and you already have an email, then stick with your email unless it's bad service or something's wrong with it. If you don't have an email and you want one, I recommend Hotmail still, but most others would recommend Gmail. It's really up to you now.

A lot of my friends at school are bound to Hotmail with glue because of "I can't be bothered" trend. I really pisses me off, as it doesn't take five minutes to set a new GMail account.

There are also other problems that have arrised, through my time of searching for the latest on GMail, there are one or two sites slagging the service, and making something out of nothing. Especially http://www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com/ they come up with some *BLEEP*. I personally think that the site I just listed was set up by a rival company (aka Microsoft) to try and redicule Google. Which in my eyes is very pathetic.

I really like Gmail (although it's now called Google Mail in the UK, due to "legal reasons"). All these sites like Google Watch and Gmail is too Creepy are just having a go at Google for no real reason. If they really want to criticise a big company, why don't they go protest against Esso or General Motors?
I love Google Mail, it's so much better than the other alterantives. Along with Google Talk, I have no reason to use a hideous MSN product again! It doesn't have huge adverts that fill the page, its interface is neat, tidy, innovative, and unbelievably extremely easy to use, when you get used to it. The storage level is constantly increasing, faster than I can use it up!

To be truthful, I could go on all day saying why I love Google Mail, but I don't think it would be the most readable thing ever.
Just to end, if you live in the United States, as well as belching out 25% of the world's carbon dioxide emmissions, you also get Gmail without an invite. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/