xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saxsux

Demo Cpanel Doesn't Work! FAQ details are incorrect.

I was just reading through Xisto's FAQ page (http://forums.xisto.com/faq.php) and noticed a bit about a demo cPanel - question four.

It said that you can login to http://forums.xisto.com/cpanel/ with the username demo and the password demo.

I decided to give it a go, just for the hell of it. I've got nothing better to do.

Anyway, the login doesn't work.

Perhaps you had been logged in to your own "real" cpanel before, and the system doesn't want the same IP-adress to be logged in under different usernames.

Perhaps you had been logged in to your own "real" cpanel before, and the system doesn't want the same IP-adress to be logged in under different usernames.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe. But it didn't come with a message to that effect, it just gave the same message that's happened when I've put my "real" password in incorrectly.

It doesn't bother me that it doesn't work, it's just not very good if new users are detered by not being able to see cPanel.

Perhaps you had been logged in to your own "real" cpanel before

I tried without and with being connected under my own login, same problem. it simply seems that the user named demo/demo disappeard from the account list.Maybe we should signal this fact to a moderator.
By the way, isn't the "pleas signal this" button for that kind of usage ? :D

I tried without and with being connected under my own login, same problem. it simply seems that the user named demo/demo disappeard from the account list.

Maybe we should signal this fact to a moderator.

By the way, isn't the "pleas signal this" button for that kind of usage ? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's the report button, near the bottom left of every post, but it's really meant for when someone's swearing, or breaking the forum rules in some way.

They'll probably read this eventually. We could email or PM any of them, but I doubt we need to. I'm pretty sure they'll read this, with time.