xisto Community
yordan

Problem With Imagemagics

I installed Gallery with Fantastico.It installed well. But when trying uploading pictures, I had errors "Unable to make thumbnail(0)"On the "troubleshooting the gallery" website (http://codex.galleryproject.org/Main_Page ) I see that "This is a very common problem. It's usually because the image manipulation program isn't getting called correctly, and this can happen for a number of reasons. To diagnose the problem, follow these steps: Verify that the binaries (NetPBM or ImageMagick) are installed correctly and are chmodded 0755 (including the directory they are in). "Is ImageMagick installed on Xisto, and how to tell gallery (when installed with Fantastico) how to find the binaries ?Please help me with thatYordan

hey, hello!Im making an gallery too, and I need a full and correct path to IMAGEMAGICK here on Xisto hosting, if anyone knows what is the path, or the way to find it out please shout. thanks!

hey, hello!

Im making an gallery too, and I need a full and correct path to IMAGEMAGICK here on Xisto hosting, if anyone knows what is the path, or the way to find it out please shout. thanks!

1064329348[/snapback]

Just in case you have not heard yet, imagemagick and GD libraries are in the process of being installed at the server(s). This might take a couple of days, so we must be patient.

Sorry, I can't shout because

1) you are offline

2) I am hoarse ;)

uhm I'm not sure but the folders should have the chmod setting to 777, and not the listed 0755. The folders probably need both read and write capabilities.Also, make sure the file extentions are set to accept the files you are attempting to upload. In addition, make sure the file sizes are within the acceptable range set by the program, most of the time these can be changed in the Admin section of the program.

the path to imagemagick is usually "/usr/bin" or "/usr/local/bin" in astahosts case i beleive its "/usr/bin"

Nope :
CONSOLE
-jailshell-3.00$ ls /usr/local/bin/*gic
ls: /usr/local/bin/*gic: No such file or directory
-jailshell-3.00$ ls /usr/local/bin/*gic*
ls: /usr/local/bin/*gic*: No such file or directory
-jailshell-3.00$ ls /usr/bin/*gic*
ls: /usr/bin/*gic*: No such file or directory

so, it's neither in /usr/bin, nor in /usr/local/bin, or it's not named *gic* !

GD is installed I just did a phpinfo() on my site, if you want to see for your self copy paste this code into notepad (no formatting, just plain text). Upload it to root and run by going to your index or home page and typing phpinfo.php instead of index.php or index.html and it will show up right after FTP enabled.

<?phpecho phpinfo();?>
call the above code phpinfo.php and run it and you can see what is enabled on the server.

That was the directory when i was using it but it failed to work as i needed ghostscript installed with is, im assuming Xisto uninstalled it, but GD does the samething, so its best to use that