xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Gfx Cards. Price Versus Value.

As you may all know Gfx cards (Graphics Cards) run your games, your programs and other vital windows or mac software for your entertainment use and also may even include business use. The "devices" as some may call are known to "hurt" your wallet. I my self just bought a Gfx card from gEforce. It cost me over $150, this is considered very cheap for the type of card I bought. The card model is "gEforce 5700LeX". It runs all of my games at peak performance and quality. Even though I may think that this card is great, It always makes me wonder: "If I spent that extra $20 or $30 would have I gotten a better value for the Gfx card?" What do you think? Does an expensive video card work better then a "valued" Gfx card that cost less but looks to have better performance? What do you think about this dilemma?

Unfortunately amit there is no dilema unless you are comparing Price and Value across companies such as NVidia and Radeon and especially important is that they must be in the same bracket range for specifications (like comparing a ferrari to a tricycle).So eventually in the gfx world you get what you pay for because no $150 card will ever out perform a card worth $300 and getting a card thats performs better at $20 or $30 dollars extra will only happen by a rival company trying to flush a card into the market or the company is having a special on a particular model therefore making it seem you are getting a better deal on the card with the same specs. So all in all to answer your questions an expensive card will work better AND have better performance than one of lesser value.

Man, my friend bought two 7800 GTX cards or something SLI for his tower. It is a power house I tell you. That guy sure knows how to waste money, literally. You don't need two of the greatest cards at once together. That's just showing off T_T Of course, I want one too, but one card is enough for now. Each of those cards are like very expensive. I think it was over 400 dollars for one! My friend's computer he said it's about 3000 dollars. Now that's crazy.