xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cyph3r

Why & Whats Behind The Name Astahost ?

Hmm .. was just wondering, whats the story behind the name "Xisto" any thing in particular ? I mean who came up with the name Xisto and why ? Was it a corporate idea or just an individual.cheers

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

edited :D ooooooonah just kidding, :D well no one knows ? gosh, ok i am not that bored lol but just wondering, i mean what does the word " asta " mean, initials or sumones name, its a indian gals name if u talk in general. but thats " astha " hmmm ..*still wondering* :D

'Asta'host huh? :DI can only think of 'Asta-la-vista' :DMaybe we should wait until Opaque comes along and answers it for us. After all, he set this whole gig up.

I think there isn't a story, unlike there is for Xisto. I think the only reason OpaQue made this site is because people might be afraid of the "trap" name.And in my opinion, that's a great idea! I really like the name "Xisto." It's sure as heck better than Rydia or Geocities.

They wanted AstraHost

LOL... that's a riot... :P

Why not Astro-Host while we're at it.... or maybe... astray-host, ashtray-host :blink:.

No offence to Xisto B).

lol, more like, "I was led 'ASTRAYHOST' by their misleading title".(Oh, and ditto for me on the "no offense" thing; seriously, you guys are cool in my book.)

The name Geocities gets me, I mean it is relating to the position of the cities anywhere in the globe. What relevance has that got to do with free web hosting (without going on a tangent)?I think Xisto is a cool name, and OpaQue must be very cool to come up with such a name, unless it was Xisto, but then the whole company owning person thing just confuses me at the moment (as I know barely anything about it).I wonder what OpaQue has to say about this?

All in all, Xisto sounds cooler than FreeWebs... or, uh, Freeservers. I mean, listen to it - Xisto! You hear the way it flows?!

Well, anyways...

In all actuality, Xisto is really a cool name and comes with an satisfactory tagline. And, if it's doing them justice, keep it.

And, yeah, I never got the Geocities thing... what's that about?

Astahost, Xisto, Antilost, Xisto ... Hmm... Wierd names! How da hell I came up with all these.Trap17 is not my name, Cause I didn't think of it and BOOM! It has a big story behind it. To get more details, read http://forums.xisto.com/topic/83428-topic/?findpost=1064300272, Ok, This was like BOOM! No history or story, we just wanted to build a forum w/ Brains. :mellow:Xisto (I came up with this name to unite all the sites and get some good partners)There are quite a lot of domains which are registered by us by not yet released.. No plans for them yet.7Gears, Googlaid, HostLair etc.

Whoa, you came up with all of those... very creative. I like Xisto - that title flows...

Either way, OpaQue, good job on the names. You really have some good marketing going for you!

Wow ... so that's how Xisto started. Now, I'm feeling guilty for using adblock on Xisto. Will it help if I <- snipped -> everytime I login to Xisto?}