xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JRobs13

Needing Some Help With Gaming games freezing when trying to play

here's the story...i tried to play my counterstrike on steam (havent in awhile so i thought i would try it out again)well i got to the screen when to load the game and right when the screen to play popped up the colors were messed up and froze couldnt use ctrl alt delso i had to turn my comp off :D so i unistalled that and tried my call of duty thinking "hey maybe it was steam or my counterstrike or something" well installed and when the mutliplayer is all loaded about to go to the game screen it freezes.... :D so i start thinkin maybe a virus so i ran my norton antivirus a few times ...still frozeso unistalled that and thought i would try one last time with the soldier of fortune IIloaded...went to the game screen...froze....had to turn off once againthe thing is nothing else is wrong with my computer except when i try to play games...virus? i have no clue thats why im askingso i dont know what is going on and im gettin pretty ticked and dont want to refresh my whole computer just for the games any help??? :D thanks if you can

It's your crappy computer, most likely. Newer computers rarely lock up during online gameplay. I suggest getting a new computer.Some games lock up on PS2. It happens more often on the older PS2 consoles than newer PS2s. This is why you never should buy consoles when they first come out; wait until they update it.

Try one or more of the following:Scan diskDisk defrag.Shut down extra tasks and processes (ctrl + alt + del)I think its most likely a extra process you have on. Try it. Let me know if it works, Good luck

We need to get your computers specs to know for sure.What's you processor speed?How much RAM do you have (very important) and how much free memory do you have?How much Video RAM and what's your Video Cards Processor speed (very important)?how many background programs do you have running?What DirectX version are you running?These would help for us to determine what's going on.

My guess is the Video Card. I have the same problem. My computer works fine with everything except playing games, the better ones at least. The problem with computer games is that they make new ones and the newer they get the older your computer will get. Check if the game fits the Video Card requirements of your computer that could be the problem. I have had this problem many times.

My guess is the Video Card. I have the same problem. My computer works fine with everything except playing games, the better ones at least. The problem with computer games is that they make new ones and the newer they get the older your computer will get. Check if the game fits the Video Card requirements of your computer that could be the problem. I have had this problem many times.

It may not even be your video card. Have you checked to see if your drivers are up to date?

That happened to me when I got a new video card a long time ago. I though it would play steam games alot better but they always froze on me. I googled around and a lot of places suggested updating drivers.

So I went to the NVIDIA site ( since my card was NVIDIA I went there, if you had a ATI please go to the ATI site :P )

Anyways as soon as I updated the drivers and restarted my computer the steam games worked great and I was able to take advantage of my new graphics.