xisto Community
stifmeister659

The Xenosaga Story In A Very Big Nushell SPOILERS

THE STORY OF XENOSAGA SO FARIn year 200X An archaeological scientist discovered the Zohar. Around 2600 years later, Technology has advanced almost to the point of magic. Joachim Mizrahi made a Zohar Emulator and the gnosis were released. Many Emulators were made. Years later, U.R.T.V?s were made to combat U-DO, a space-time anomaly of unpresidented power. In the same period a war broke out between the Realians and Humans, The cause is thought to be The Song of Nephilim which controlled the minds of the relians. A realian, named Cannan and a human called Chaos(I?ll get to his real name later) boarded the E.S. Asher to combat the infected realians. The E.S Asher was destroyed by infected realians piloting mechs. Jin Uzuki however saved them and joined the party. Jin fought with Margulis, head of the U-TIC organization, and almost lost. Shortly after, the U.R.T.V?s linked with U-DO. Many were destroyed and unit number 667 ,a la albedo, went crazy. Eleven years later, Prototype KOS-MOS was made by the hands of Shion Uzuki and Keven, however the U-TIC organization invaded the lab and KOS-MOS malfunctioned. KOS-MOS killed everyone, including Keven, exept Shion and Allen, Shion shot KOS-MOS in the head and killed her. Keven was Shion?s Fiance. Two years later, The KOS-MOS project was almost re-completed aboard the Woglinde. Then the Gnosis attacked, killed most of the crew, once again, Shion and Allen a longh with the Captain were spared. Also a lietinnet was spared, his name was Virgil. They all would?ve died if KOS-MOS didn?t awaken and activated thehilbert effect, allowing the gnosis to be destroyed. KOS-MOS had to take Virgil out to save the pod?s. They then escaped from the Woglinde. The Elsa Crew found them and picked them up. They met Chaos, Captain Mathews, Hammer, who was the techinacal wizard and Tony, The pilot. At the same time, Cyborg Ziggurat 8, was hired to save the 100 series realian MOMO on the U-TIC base. He eventually found MOMO. They needed to fight a bunch of mechs to get out. MOMO used the Hilbert effect to lower the weapon potential of the mechs and defeated them. Then Margulis attacked and they barely won. They had to enteer the UMN network to get out. The Elsa detected them while they were in the UMN network to get to the durandal, And joined them. They had to destroy the mechs at the source, a spider like carrier. They destroyed it. Then the U-TIC attacked the durandal. The gang wasn?t on it though). Jr. Had to fight them off by going into the bridge and destroying a giant mech enemy. They did. The Elsa crew stopped by the dack colony then was swallowed by a giant gnosis called the cathederal ship. They got out, but they had to kill the captain of the Woglinde. They boarded the Durandal, and met Jr. The Durandal was persecuted of the destruction of the Woglinde. They dived into the Encephalon divice inside KOS-MOS?s mind in order to find proof of innocence. They explored and met Nephilim, a girl who appeared in many of Shion?s visions. They learned of some of the coming events in the future. Later on after they came out, the song of Nephilim played, and Gnosis overtook the Durandal. They saved a lot of people and destroy Gigas, a dangerous Gnosis. The song of nephilim appeared and Albedo kidnapped MOMO for the Y data. The Elsa crew Boarded The Song of Nephilim. They fought through and met Albedo and his mech Simeon. The team saved MOMO, fought Albedo and En Rugiel. The Elsa Crew Escaped from the song when Proto Merkabah appeared. Albedo then threatened to blow up 2nd Miltia. The team went in to Proto Merkabah in an attempt to stop Albedo. They defeated Albedo, but he creatd a super Gnosis named Sophie Pethos. The team beat Sophie and had 3 min to get out before Proto Merkabah. KOS-MOS stayed back. She successfully set the self destruct mechanism and got out in 1 min. They Destroyed Proto Merkabah.END FOF EPISODE 1BEGINNING OF EPISODE 2The U-TIC organization attacked 2nd Miltia. Jr. Ziggy, MOMO and Chaos were caught in the middle. They defeated manyh solders and at the end they fought Pilum and Scutum and won. Shion is on 2nd Miltia. Shion went to Moby *BLEEP*?s caf?`. She met her brother Jin, much to her dismay, Jr. and Chaos. They went to the UMN center. To dive into the encephalon divice in MOMO to get the Y data. Yet a trap was set by Albedo, MOMO had to shut down her realian body. The crew dove into MOMO to recover her conciousness. Jr. experienced many flashbacks about MOMO?s ?sister? Sakura. At the end, the fought Albedo. Even though they won, Albedo received the Y data. The door to the original Miltia opened. The party went into the door to retrieve the real Zohar, OR DID THEY. The Ormus stronghold was in the way. They had to beat Pilum and Scutum again along with Orgulla. They activated the self destruct mechanism and had to escape in 30 min. At he end the encountred the E.S. Issachar and destroyed it. Then they got to old miltia and had to enter labrynthos to get the Zohar. At the end of seemingly endless puzzle?s they went to research the data inside Cannaan. They encountred Margulis again and defeated him. Then the Patriarch of the immigrant fleet A.K.A Orrmus appeared and he awakened Proto . Proto ?s awesome power destroyed Miltia and awakened the system. The team Went into the system to stop the Patriarch. The eventually fought Cathederal. At the end, they fought the Patriarch. Patriarch took down Albedo, but after the battle Testament killed the Patriarch and revived Albedo. Then Albedo fused with U-DO and caused a space time anomaly. Jr. Went out alone to stop him. After a seies of disturbing visions, he encountered Albedo. There was an awesome fight between the 2 brothers, and at the end, Jr. defeated Albedo. Albedo died permanently this time and Jr. was heartbroken. Sakura and chaos came to Jr. to comfort him and Jr went back to the Durandal. THEN chaos? true name was revealed and his name is?. Yeshwa! Sounds kinda queer don?t it? At the final sequence, Wilehiem talks with testament and a new person in a robe is reveled? Who I (and many people probably) believe is Albedo?END OF EPISODE 2Or is it?.ALTENANTE STORY ASIDE FROM PROTO Well they were supposed to go to the system but the professor wanted them to go find the dark professor, who is NOT related to him in any way? The crew had to go to the other professor to get the first sequencer. They had to travel to the Encephalon desert to get another sequncer but they had to defeat Scarabeille. Then they had to defeat Dullea Soul inside the factory and then Nepos Rigas inside heaven?s ruins. Then they traveled to the Space Collesium to Defeeat the dark professor?s Robot, Dark Erud Kaiser. The Dark Robot was very powerful but in the end they sucedded.

Try explaining the synopsis for Xenogears, which is the fifth and last part, Episode V. Now that game had one heck of a story, and was twice as long as Xenosaga I and II combined.

60879[/snapback]

Unfortunatelyy, i do not have XenoGears. On a side note, any relation xenogears has to xenosaga is either fan based OR there may be crossovers or similarities, besides xenosaga has 6 parts (or so it is said)

The xenosage series is quite good, I've played it before but haven't got the game, but I'm into the games like that. I'll get the xenosaga games soon but first I must complete a few more games. By the way, stifmeister659(lol cool name), did you really type all that? If you did, man you must have been crazy. I read it...sorta...don't want to ruin any of the game now... :)

Unfortunatelyy, i do not have XenoGears. On a side note, any relation xenogears has to xenosaga is either fan based OR there may be crossovers or similarities, besides xenosaga has 6 parts (or so it is said)

61418[/snapback]

Actually, Squaresoft published the fifth game in the series, Xenogears (I say it's the fifth because it says "Episode V - The End" after the ending video). Xenogears was developed by a team from Monolith Soft. Square STILL has the rights to Xenogears, however. They never sold them. Monolith reportedly left Square because they lost a chunk of their budget to FF7 during development of Xenogears, causing the 2nd disk to be mostly cutscenes with a HUGE chunk of story overload, rather than as an interactive part. Monolith later joined up with Namco and decided to continue the series; Namco encouraged them to, but they decided to start from the beginning, with a different view to the story. Here's a breakdown of the story of Xenogears:

WARNING: Spoilers Ahead!

Episode I: 2510AD, approximately 15000 years before the events in Xenogears.

The era began with the discovery of the "Wave Existence," the Zohar. A new time period began, denoted TC for "Transcends Christ." It was during this time that humans designed the trap for the Zohar (the Wave Existence).

During the next era, research on the entity "Deus" (Latin for "God") began; in the period up until 4768 TC, the Zohar Modifier was constructed on a universal transport and sent to the end of the universe to test its power. When this transport returned to Earth, they discovered it was unreachable, protected by a mysterious force. Humans aboard were forced to find a new planet to settle on -- their "New Jerusalem." Toward the end of this journey, Project Deus is constructed aboard the Spaceship Eldridge (that ship should sound familiar if you've played XenoSaga, by the way).

Episode II: "Abel" makes Contact with the Zohar on the Eldridge, 10000 years ago.

In 4768 TC, before the project was completed, "Deus" took over the Zohar and the Eldridge, and attempted to return to Earth. The captain ordered evacuation, but Deus took over weapons systems and destroyed almost all of the escape craft. In the end, the captain activated the self-destruct system. The wreckage of the Eldridge crashed on a nearby planet. One human, "Abel," survived -- or rather, was saved by the Zohar. This is what is shown at the beginning of Xenogears.

The Zohar created the woman "Elhaym," and at the same time Deus activated "System Hawwa," creating the woman known as "Miang" (known as "Mei Lang" in Xenosaga Episode II). Throughout the course of history, Elhaym took the traits of the Mother and retained the Zohar's purpose, while Miang took the traits of the Guardian and retained Deus's purpose. The "Urobolus Factor" (Infinity Factor) originated in Elhaym and Miang, guaranteeing that their traits would be carried throughout the time, (i.e., reincarnation) until they eventually merge as one being, Urobolus.

The crash of the Eldridge on the planet marks the beginning of a new calendar system, simply Year 0. It was also at this time that Cain and the Gazel Ministry came into existence.

Episode III: Fall of the Zeboim culture, 4000 years ago.

The Zeboim are the civilization referred to in the Lighthouse (in Xenogears), and also in Xenosaga Episode II. Their technology was very similar to our modern Earth. Through Miang's influence on the Prime Minister of the nation of Aquavy, a war was initiated between Aquavy and the nation of Ignas. The resulting nuclear war rendered most of the world uninhabitable and humanity was almost destroyed. The Zeboim culture fell in Year 6086.

It is also during this period that Emeralda was created by that era's versions of Abel and Elhaym, Kim and Elly. These events are alluded to during the exploration of the underwater reactor where Emeralda is first discovered, and revealed at the lighthouse, when Emeralda remembers her "father," Kim.

The history is quiet for the next 3000 years, but around Year 9100, construction of Etrenak, the city of the Solarans, begins. Within the next century, construction of Shevat begins atop Babel Tower.

Episode IV: Diablos War between Solaris and Shevat, 500 years ago.

In Year 9500, Sophia established religion in Nisan, becoming the Mother of Nisan. As she gained a following, Solaris began to view her gathering as an uprising of the "Lambs." Solaris attacked Nisan, and early on Shevat joined with Nisan in the war. Five years later, Queen Zephyr of Shevat was approached by Cain, and eventually agreed with Solaris to trade Sophia for Miang, the instigator of the war. Sophia sacrificed herself in an attempt to reverse the treachery of Zephyr; however, in the end, Nisan was devastated.

Shortly after the death of Sophia, the man known as Lacan made contact with the Zohar Modifier and was transformed, becoming Grahf. Grahf destroyed almost all civilization during what was known as the Diablos War; Grahf also destroyed the bodies of the Gazel Ministry. Their deaths released the "Anima Relics;" and with the "Omnigears," Roni Fatima (ruler of the Kingdom of Aveh) and Queen Zephyr were able to stop Grahf. Grahf disappeared, and Krelian entered the story when he stored the memories and personalities of the Gazel Ministry within the "SOL9000."

Episode V: The story of Xenogears begins, present time.

In the next several centuries, Krelian worked toward the resurrection (of Deus, I suppose), going as far as creating an artificial Contact in 9975. During this time, Abel was reborn as "Fei Fong Wong," and the soul of Miang took control of his mother. Miang forced Fei to undergo intense testing, where it was revealed that Fei was the real Contact.

Several years later, Grahf appeared to try to take Fei away, and fought Fei's father. The conflict, as well as the stress Fei previously went through during the testing, finally caused "Id" to surface. Around this time, the actual game of Xenogears picks up; the events leading from the discovery of the Zohar, the containment of Deus, and the crash of the Eldridge centuries before begin to come full circle. In the end, Elly and Miang merge, the Contact/Anti-Type cycle is broken, and the Urobolus is destroyed along with Deus.

Episode VI: Occurs shortly after Xenogears.

Very little is currently known about what Episode VI encompasses.

The above was gathered from various sources and edited, to the best of my memory, to better explain the games' relationship.

NOTES:

One may notice all the references to familiar myths of the Christian Bible, including Cain and Abel, the Nephlym, the Exodus, Genesis, the Adam and the Eve, etc, etc. It seems the Japanese have a thing with religion and and mankind's loss of humanity. Perhaps an homage to the phrase "deus ex machina," the god from the machine?

Anyway, here's how Xenosaga links to Xenogears:

In the first episode, the Eldridge crashes; this is shown in Xenogears. There are also many references to the Zohar. In the second episode, I hear Cain, Abel, Elhaym and Miang (Mei Lang) make an appearance. There's also supposedly references to the Anima Relics as well, and Nephilim also reportedly resembles Elhaym. The third is supposed to be when they're in the age of Zeboim civilization (with Kim and Elly, when Emerelda is born/created). In the 4th, Lacan, Krellian, Elly, Roni, and others supposedly make an appearance. The 5th is the one I just explained about, and the 6th occurs after Fei returns from defeating Urobulus. This is all just speculation, though, and since Square owns the rights to these characters, there's no sure way of knowing whether they will/have appear(ed) in these games or not.

The xenosage series is quite good, I've played it before but haven't got the game, but I'm into the games like that. I'll get the xenosaga games soon but first I must complete a few more games. By the way, stifmeister659(lol cool name), did you really type all that? If you did, man you must have been crazy. I read it...sorta...don't want to ruin any of the game now... :)

61421[/snapback]

No someone name doomsday55 typed that

Actually, Squaresoft published the fifth game in the series, Xenogears (I say it's the fifth because it says "Episode V - The End" after the ending video). Xenogears was developed by a team from Monolith Soft. Square STILL has the rights to Xenogears, however. They never sold them. Monolith reportedly left Square because they lost a chunk of their budget to FF7 during development of Xenogears, causing the 2nd disk to be mostly cutscenes with a HUGE chunk of story overload, rather than as an interactive part. Monolith later joined up with Namco and decided to continue the series; Namco encouraged them to, but they decided to start from the beginning, with a different view to the story. Here's a breakdown of the story of Xenogears:

WARNING: Spoilers Ahead!

The above was gathered from various sources and edited, to the best of my memory, to better explain the games' relationship.

NOTES:

One may notice all the references to familiar myths of the Christian Bible, including Cain and Abel, the Nephlym, the Exodus, Genesis, the Adam and the Eve, etc, etc. It seems the Japanese have a thing with religion and and mankind's loss of humanity. Perhaps an homage to the phrase "deus ex machina," the god from the machine?

Anyway, here's how Xenosaga links to Xenogears:

In the first episode, the Eldridge crashes; this is shown in Xenogears. There are also many references to the Zohar. In the second episode, I hear Cain, Abel, Elhaym and Miang (Mei Lang) make an appearance. There's also supposedly references to the Anima Relics as well, and Nephilim also reportedly resembles Elhaym. The third is supposed to be when they're in the age of Zeboim civilization (with Kim and Elly, when Emerelda is born/created). In the 4th, Lacan, Krellian, Elly, Roni, and others supposedly make an appearance. The 5th is the one I just explained about, and the 6th occurs after Fei returns from defeating Urobulus. This is all just speculation, though, and since Square owns the rights to these characters, there's no sure way of knowing whether they will/have appear(ed) in these games or not.

61969[/snapback]

BUT according to the creator, Chaos and KOSMOS will appear in all of the games and they didnt in xenogears, AND Xenosaga is supposed to be 6 chapters long

BUT according to the creator, Chaos and KOSMOS will appear in all of the games and they didnt in xenogears, AND Xenosaga is supposed to be 6 chapters long

62634[/snapback]

It's SUPPOSED to be six chapters, now, anyway. But keep in mind that Monolith and Namco have taken liberties with the story since they have taken the project over and out of Square's influence. Monolith originally had meant to follow the whole thing through, but they had lost funds to FFVII during development of Xenogears, and barely finished Episode V. They weren't given the opportunity to continue with the other games until they left Square and Namco took them in. Since Square owned the rights to Episode V, game design, music, artwork, EVERYTHING, Namco had to change things around, so there's hardly any chance you'll see much reference to Episode V other than the small bit they've casually mentioned so far (the Zohar, the Anima, the Zeboim, etc).

It's SUPPOSED to be six chapters, now, anyway. But keep in mind that Monolith and Namco have taken liberties with the story since they have taken the project over and out of Square's influence. Monolith originally had meant to follow the whole thing through, but they had lost funds to FFVII during development of Xenogears, and barely finished Episode V. They weren't given the opportunity to continue with the other games until they left Square and Namco took them in. Since Square owned the rights to Episode V, game design, music, artwork, EVERYTHING, Namco had to change things around, so there's hardly any chance you'll see much reference to Episode V other than the small bit they've casually mentioned so far (the Zohar, the Anima, the Zeboim, etc).

66167[/snapback]

But that dossnt explain why Chaos anf KOS MOS arent in the 3rd one now does it?

Here is some inf on KOSMOS fyiits not really that much if you think about itKOS-MOS---------------------------------------------------------------------An android created by Kevin, though technically the KOS-MOS we meetin Episode I has no knowledge of Kevin. The Prototype's head wasdestroyed somewhere***, so the present KOS-MOS has no knowledgeof anything that happened before two years ago. Well, it SHOULD haveno knowledge of what happened, but it does.Anyway, after Shion kills the Prototype, she and Allen create a newKOS-MOS from the remains--they have to, since the black boxes arethe core units and cannot be duplicated since Kevin is dead--and thatis the KOS-MOS you see. This KOS-MOS can turn just about every partof her body into a weapon and her weapons include automatic firearms,scythes, scarily high ether compatibility, giant phase cannons, andglowy hair. OoOoOooO. She can also increase and decrease herweapons output, allowing her to take out fused masses of Gnosis aswell as do the dishes.The black boxes in KOS-MOS left behind by Kevin, uneditable, alsohide secrets: they allow KOS-MOS to absorb Gnosis much like the Songof Nephilim, (more proof that Joachim and Kevin worked together) andthey are also what allows KOS-MOS to sometimes show unusual acts ofemotion. These black boxes also allow her to create her E.S. inEpisode II; you'll know when the black boxes are activated wheneverKOS-MOS' eyes turn blue. In the case of the Gnosis absorbtion,KOS-MOS is able to hack into the Durandal's mainframe and use theZohars as a power source.More evidence that Joachim was Kevin's mentor is the fact that bothKOS-MOS and Shion's consciousnesses exist within MOMO, guarding theY-Data. Joachim probably had a part in creating those black boxeswith Kevin.A consciousness that exists within KOS-MOS happens to be Nephilim,who hacks into KOS-MOS' mainframe in the beginning of the game andextends the Encephalon so that it covers the memories of Shion andparty; this is premeditated to give Shion the message that she needsto save Cecily and Catherine and to also warn her of U-DO and whatKOS-MOS will become.At the end of Episode I, KOS-MOS and chaos have an unusualconfrontation, and choas' hands start to glow. For this reason,some assume that chaos and KOS-MOS merge somehow as KOS-MOS saves theElsa--this combined with the fact that KOS-MOS does have an uncannyresemblance to chaos at that particular point in the game, and it'sangel wings that protect the Elsa, provides an interesting argument.However, as there is no further evidence, this isn't something I amready to actually believe happened. Just something to think about.In Episode II, KOS-MOS receives an upgrade that transforms her intothe KOS-MOS that is to battle U-DO, and Wilhelm mentions that whenthe way to Lost Jerusalem is opened (and it pretty much is at the endof the game) 'KOS-MOS will awaken.'***We don't know where these events take place. It's either on theDammerung or in Ariadne; I stated it was the Dammerung before, butI've come across some evidence (thanks to X CubeStation) that mayprove me wrong. Apparently, during the scene where Kevin givesCherenkov his connection gear, the building behind them (very hardto see since Kevin's hand immediately comes up to block the sign asif the developers were trying to hide something) says ARIADNE. Thebuildings also look a lot like the buildings on Ariadne, so it ismost likely Ariadne, but because of the fact that it's very odd forFirst Division to be operating on Ariadne, I've decided not to listit as fact yet. What *is* fact is that it is either on the Dammerungor in Ariadne.by twinkbear

ANd here is some for chaoschaos---------------------------------------------------------------------BIRTHDATE: UnknownAGE: Unknown; Appears 16A mysterious boy, often the victim of yaoi fanfiction. He firstappeared when he was issued by (Commander?) Helmer to infiltrateOld Miltia during the Miltian Conflict, to retrieve the U.R.T.V.sbefore they made the grave mistake of trying to contain U-DO. He wasescorted by Canaan, and co-piloted the E.S. Asher with inhumanskills. He and Canaan saved Rubedo and Nigredo, and he has watchedover Jr. ever since.chaos has many interesting abilities: he can walk into rooms withoutusing the door, he can instantly kill Gnosis by touching them, he canhaunt peoples' daydreams, he can breathe in space--the list goes onand on, and considering his real name is Yeshua, it's no wonder why.'Yeshua' is the Jewish name for 'Jesus', who is the Messiah, whichthe Patriarch mentions. (Note that he mentions 'Messiah', notJesus.)chaos seems to have some kind of past with Wilhelm and theTestaments; he and Wilhelm can telepathically speak with each otherand the Blue Testament, Virgil, calls chaos 'boss' at one point inEpisode I. Details are unknown.credit to sam person

ShionShion Uzuki---------------------------------------------------------------------BIRTHDATE: T.C. 4745AGE: 22Shion grew up in Miltia, but her early life wasn't a very joyful one.Her mother was very sick for as long as she could remember, and herfather was often away on Ariadne. Much of her time was spent beingtaught a form of jujitsu by her grandfather.Abruptly, Shion's parents were killed--and right in front of her,too. What happened exactly is unknown, but had Jin been there a bitearlier, he would have been able to save their parents. Shion alsowatched Febronia get killed in front of her by a mutated Realianin order to save her.From these incidents, Shion's insecurities about not being able tohelp others are stemmed. (By the way, Febronia was her nanny, sinceShion's parents never had time to take care of her.)Shion was eventually assigned to Vector Industries' First R&D Divisionat the Age of 18 in T.C. 4763--very suspicious considering even Shionbelieves that she really wasn't mentally fit for the position, yetwas stationed without question.Kevin and Shion fall in love, and Kevin gives Shion his glasses, themost romantic gift I've ever heard of. In Episode II, Allen crushesthe glasses like a bug, crushing his chances with Shion in theprocess.One day, the U-TIC infiltrated the Dammerung and awoke PrototypeKOS-MOS, causing KOS-MOS to go crazy and kill just about everyone,including Kevin. Shion took his necklace as a keepsake and killedPrototype KOS-MOS with a special gun.Time passed, and KOS-MOS was reconstructed with the leftover data.Shion's official title is Chief Engineer of the KOS-MOS Project GeneralOperation System Research Center, Vector Industries First R&DDivision. She's good friends with Allen--her inferior and one-sidedlove interest--and Miyuki, a crazed inventor.Most of Shion's time is spent working on KOS-MOS, the only thing shehas left of Kevin; the only happy thing in her life, it seems. Thiscauses her to ignore Allen's passes and by keeping herself busy sheis able to avoid solving family problems--specifically problems withJin. She is a very strong woman--at least on the outside--and youwon't see her get scared or sad unless you bring Kevin or athunderstorm into the picture.Twinkber

U-DO---------------------------------------------------------------------The consciousness of the Zohar. Also known as the 'Unus Mundus DriveOperation' system, which makes about as much sense as it is truthful.Truthfully, the Federation named U-DO that simply to label it; theyclaimed (and claim) it was an A.I. in the U.M.N. stirring up troublewhen in fact it most definitely was not.Whatever it is, it is some kind of energy of amazing power. It'susually of a purple tint, and here's something interesting aboutthat: the color purple doesn't exist. When the human eye cannotcomprehend something, the color is purple. Purple isn't a realcolor. Therefore, we really don't know what color U-DO is, whichjust proves that it is beyond the physical realm.When Cherenkov is haunted by strains of U-DO in the Cathedral Ship,he swats at them, telling them to leave him alone and that they werethe wrong ones and blah blah. This is because Cherenkov believesthe strains are the people who surrounded him in his life, blaminghim for everything. Cherenkov may be hallucinating, but ahallucination is very real to the person experiencing it. If youwatch the strains of U-DO carefully, they have faces; this is whymany assume that U-DO is a culimination of souls. And consideringthat in Xenosaga: Pied Piper, Voyager is told to gather souls forU-DO, that assumption can't be very far off. KOS-MOS' sensor systemcannot pick up anything U-DO is made out of; not even salt or waterlike the Gnosis.This is why some people believe that U-DO is a culmination of soulsbrought about by the Zohar; in other words, if you touch the Zoharand you die, your soul becomes one with U-DO. If you're on Ariadneand Ariadne gets turned into Cathedral Ship--a Gnosis--by the Zohar,your soul becomes one with U-DO. If you're killed by a Voyager whomade a deal with U-DO, he'll give your soul to U-DO. Of course, thisis just educated speculation.

Thanks for the story summary - that's great. Some comments:Once I got my mind around Xenosaga Ep. 1 (X1), especially with the mentioning of Eldridge, it was clearly evident that it was related to Xenogears (XG). I'm still waiting to find out exactly what the circumstances are that lead up to the crash of the Eldridge, though, and hopefully the later episodes will reveal this. It also makes perfect sense to me that KOS-MOS and chaos wouln't appear in XG, as XG takes place so far in the future and, more importantly, is completely isolated from the events not occuring on whatever planet the Eldridge crashed on.As for X1, aside from a horrendous amount of backstory and confusing plot twists, there really didn't seem to be much story (and the summary above seems to indicate that as well). It seems like in X1 and X2, we're very close to the events leading up to the crash of the Eldridge, which makes me wonder just how much "big picture" story is in X2 (does Eldridge crash at the end of X2?). I guess for some reason, I was sort of expecting the crash to happen at the end of X4, since XG did a reasonably good job of explaining major events between the crash and the beginning of XG.Any opinions on the quality of X1 and X2? I think they absolutely suck as games. The majority of the dialogue is way to confusing to be remotely comprehendable. I keep getting bombarded with new names, new terms, and "behind-the-scenes" action that makes no sense whatsoever. Couple that together with having days between playing an hour of the game or so, and - unless I write everything down - I can't follow the story worth crap. When I started playing X1, I was fascinated by the references to religion and philosophy, but now I'm realizing that these references don't really mean anything. They're simply tossed in there, I suppose, to make us think deeper thoughts. I guess the problem I have is that there doesn't seem to be any conclusions drawn about the nature of man, his relationship to religion or nature, or anything like that. Even in XG, they tossed around "Id" "Ego" and "Superego" like they were nothing. There's just no tie-in or comparison done, from what I can tell. I think a game like FFX speaks more about our nature and purpose than Xenosaga.