xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GameUltra

Favorite Online Game Type And Why?

What is your favorite sub-genre of Online games.  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Choose one an please state why you like it the most here. :DI think my favorite is MMORPG, because they are very fun, and it's fun to play as a customized (hopefully) character with other people over the internet. But more than that the game play usually lasts alot longer, and it gives you more to do, which is fun.

I like MMORPGs. They're the best that's all i can say. Multiplayer strategy games are also pretty fun but not as fun as controlling your character and playing on a totally different world. It feels like you're another person all over again. So well since you're asking which is my favorite....I'd have to say Pristontale. I played it for 2 years during its beta stage and it was fabulous! best of its kind! I played till the 2nd tier quest and had a pretty good build. But then they announced that the game was going to be pay-2-play. That pretty much shocked me.....well I'm not playing THAT anymore. Now I play Ragnarok private server which is just as good.

Well, I like both MMORPG and FPS the same. I love the freedom you can get from a game like Final Fantasy XI, where you can roam anywhere, with lots of friends, or even random people, and explore the world they have stored for you. It's an amazing feat which is truly worth my 13 dollars a month. I recommend it to everyone.I also love FPS as much. Games like Counter strike and Battle Field 2 are amazing. Makes you feel the tense heat from a very close battle. Low on health but still pulling all the guns out, Gotta love that feeling. I've been playing Counter Strike since beta, and I'm still loving it. So yeah...those are my two best genres, I can't really say which one is better at all. ;)

I voted for massive online shooters because I have experienced the massive online rpg fad and its not all that great. Sure Ill play it days on end when the release is out with friends but after awhile the content on a massive online rpg gets to die down and you start to stop playing it all together. For example, first Ill start with lineage 2, this game is definitely fun but u spend most of your time just training urself and doing tedious quests that can be done alone just so you can level up. The online time you need a group is if you are going to war or in a group pvp. I was probably addicted to this game for almost a year before I stopped playing it. Secondly, Guild Wars, this game is incredibly fun because it contains a story, but once you complete the story which shouldnt take that long the game becomes really boring, even with the group wars. Because of the game mechanics depending soo much on your allies that you cant seperate yourselves from them. Which is good in a way that it keeps someone from being too powerful, and annoying in a way that if someone lack skills on the team than your whole team suffers the consequence. I ended up playing this game for only 2 or 3 months before it died and did not continue to get the expansions that was released because it was the same thing just more of the same content.Now to talk about why I believe that first person shooters are better than massive online rpgs. First, the fact that its a shooter and you get to kill people online is fun, it takes some of the stress of life away. Then there is a fact that you can play with friends and your friends can help you as they would in an online rpg, and there is no overpowerment in first person shooters, just skills. If you know how to aim then you are as good as anyone online. No one online can be godly online unless they hacked the server. Some of the games that describes my experience well maybe counter strike, battlefield 2014, raven shield, and many others. Even halo I believe has a gameplay factor that over runs all mmorpgs. The experience of an massive online first person shooter is a lot better than a massive online rpg from the start and to the end. Its quick to learn and easy to be skilled in. Rpgs you have to understand the game mechanics to play it properly or you just will suck, and give up on the game. So in conclusion first person shooters are the best games that I choose to play of massive online rpgs.

Firstly id like to state that I do enjoy Online FPS just as much as I enjoy Online RPG's. However I voted for the online RPG's because I enjoy just being around a lot more people when I'm by myself. However I enjoy playing Online FPS when I'm with my friends, its just a lot more fun. Since I don't get to spend a lot of time with my friends I spent a lot of time playing Online RPGs and those just kinda grew on me. :P

Definitely MMORPG. Silkroad Online. Played it for 6mths and loving the game. The best part of all RPG game is the party system and guild war. Gathering a group of players to gain exp is not as tiring as killing mod alone. Anyone playing Silkroad Online?

MMORPG are the best because you can act out how you would want to be, as if you were actually the person playing. You can also use your creativity to change your outfits, weapons, and look which is another very similar aspect of life, without actually having to live it :P.