xisto Community
JohnNitro

I Need Some Help(medical) swollen left side of my jaw,by ear

I just notice this yesterday, it was sweling on my left side of my jaw by my ear. It didn't hurt much yesterday and the swelling was not noticeable. Today I woke to the small swelling becoming bigger noticeable and it hurts. The area around my jaw hurts and my ear is starting to hurt. I'm very worried, it's' about 6 am right now and I was looking online for maybe a medical topic that talked about symptoms like my. I found a few that were about people that were misdiagnosed for years. Another about swollen lymph nodes.The thing I'm scared of is that the were finally diagnosed with cancer. I've had pain on my Jaw for a while but that was on my right side. This pain on my left side just started. About a few days ago my left side started acting up. It would pop a little kind of like my right, while I ate, I had hit my right side a while back and it caused my jaw to pop and sometime get lock and I couldn;t open it, but it seems to be better. So I thought maybe I sleeped on it wrong and that why it's like this. Now my left side and what I saw online today, have me worried. I think it might be cancer, the symptoms are really similar in some cases. Can anyone give me some advice please. I told a friend but they were dismissive and I just need someone to tell me something, hopefully good.

I would suggest you fix up an appointment with the doctor at the earliest. There is no point in delaying because, without medical attention, it can only get worse. I'm not an expert in this... but I do know that by neglecting it you can only make it worse. Keep your trust in God and get it diagnosed. In all probability it is just a small ligament problem. Reading things on the internet or in any medical book is not a very good idea. I'm just guessing that you are not in the medical profession. Half-knowledge can be very dangerous. Reading something on the internet for symptoms that are 'similar' .....? Just my opinion. You are 24 years old. And on top of that, your hobbies are sports and fitness. I wouldn't count on it being cancer.... Have faith in God, and get it checked up. Just a piece of advice.

Agreed. Do yourself a favor and go to the doctor.My step-sister is one of those cases you mentioned earlier. She was 17 when her thyroid (right side) started to swell. It was mis-diagnosed for two years untill she demanded a biopsy, at which point they found out that it was indeed cancer. She is now 20, survied her first bought with thyroid cancer, had a reoccurance, and is now awaiting a second sergery followed by more radiation theripy.I'm no medical expert or anything, but my step-sister's cancer (the swelling) grew very slowly over the course of two years. It wasn't untill the last few months that it was visably noticable, although she could feel it all the time.Definatley get it checked out by a doctor. If the doc doesn't think it's cancer, but can't fix it within a month or two, then you should start demanding a biopsy. Try not to worry yourself with the prosepect of cancer just yet, I think it's a bit premature for that.Best of wishes,QBRADQ

it could be a tumor, a cancer, a bump, or anything else..., but don't wait, make an appointment with a doctor to find out what it really is. dont take chances with your health, you are only given one chance with it. Best wishes from me :D.

Can I pose a dumb statement here?I am going to anyways. But don't just jump to "it's cancer". Yes, it can, BUT it can also be a plain old infection (bacterial or viral). Just go to the doctor, no one here is equipped to give medical advice, and even if someone were to jump and say they're a doctor, it needs to be checked by physically being in the same room as a doctor to get a proper diagnosis.

Does it seem like a small bone protruding? with a slightly sharp edge? and is it located near your earlobe?if thats the case, there nothing to worry, its just the swelling of a gland and will subside.Taking hot coffee and other hot drinks will considerably reduce the pain and the swelling. It is however best to consult a doctor, in any case your fears are baseless, it need hardly be cancer, the doc might advice you a couple of antibiotics nothing more.cheer up and have a great day. :D

I agree with the overall idea of going to the doctors stat. I mean, I know it can be scary especially if you think it might be something serious, but its better to catch it now and get it over with... but I would also have to agree that it seems like it's way to fast to be cancer. Thats alot slower acting usually... but yea, hit up a doctor then let us know whats goin on man

It looks like everyone is referring to visiting a doctor to be the best choice. In the mean time, I'd like to have you think these "good" thoughts.If you are in the age between 17 and 25 and have not had wisdom tooth (teeth) completely grown yet, consider that you maybe going through some physical changes. Wisdom teeth are funny things. They may be dormant until the last part of your growing phase and suddenly pop-up out of nowhere and surprise you. Sometimes it will last until you're well in your 30's to know that your wisdom teeth have fully matured. Follow your peer's advice. Make an appointment with your general practitioner and seek a professional medical treatment. There's no sense of killing yourself with worries that you have absolutely no bases. Besides, you or your family is paying for that medical premium anyway right? Get that medical insurance into a better use! :DGood luck.

I had my Wisdom teeth pulled out more the a year ago. It just felt like a like a swelling like when you bump your head, I could feel the bone. I would love to go the the doc but I dont have the funds to do that. Well the swelling is gone now pretty much. I iced it for a few days and then is stoped hurting and slowly it went away. But Im still going to go see a Doc asap when I get more money. Going to the hospitak is very expensive in Japan, and since Im not Japanese and cant talk it Japanese that makes things harder. Thanks for all the advice. I was just scared it looked so weird this big swelling it looked like my jaw was out of place like it was dislocated, my ear look weird too. Im glad it went away it would have sucked to have been stuck with that. Thanks again.

I'm having the same problem right now, ever since I had a sinus infection this started and has been occuring for many months, I'm gonna go to the ER soon cuz I don't have any medical insurance. It feel liks a lil bump just below my ear loab and behind my jaw. And I can make both sides of my jaw pop by pushing just below my earlobe on the jaw and opening my mouth. So I'm in the same boat as you. Lol. I cant wait to see what the problem is. Good Luck!

Replying to abhiramI think you are wrong because books can help what if you cant go to the doctor to get medication becasue they are closed and you need help badly so you are wrong they can help so my advice to the person how has a soore jaw I have one to and I just but some ice on it and it still hurts but it is feeling better so take my advice hope you get better soon and good luck and hopefully you can get to a doctor so you don't have to read az book to figrue out what is wrong but if you cant go to the doctor then a book is a good idea and if you have ideas for my jaw then just right back so you can help me to so I hope you get better plese email me back as soon as you can.Get better soon

Reply to Jaw ...

I Need Some Help(medical)

It could be TMJ disorder ... I know, I have it ... Just an idea for the people who concerned about their jaw. It can do all sorts of things, such as lock jaw, make your ears hurt like an infection, headache/migraine, dizziness (nausea if you get dizziness) hurts sometimes to swallow ... Completely stinks, to have this, it can come on whenever it wants and stay as long as it wants (I've been lucky and not have it but maybe 3-4x a year ... Trying to think of other symptoms I've had with it, but those are the main ones besides the common STRESS they always ask ...Oh, here is one - Do you grind your teeth at night? If yes, look into a mouth guard for at night when you sleep (my dentist told me to get a hockey guard, if your in pain and this helps why not. Hope this helps someone. I didn't believe my doctor when he said I had TMJ but I believe him now. Replying to Feedbacker

-reply by Steph