xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wua05

Sony Cybershot T5 Vs T7 Sony cybershot t5 vs t7

The newest model of cybershot from sony is the t5, to come out in september. I am debating whether to get the t5 or the t7, which is a slightly older version which came out several months ago. To be specific, April. The t5 will cost 350$, and the t7 now costs 450$. The features are basically the same. The only difference is that the old t5 can shoot 240 pictures on a full charge, whereas the old t7 can only shoot 180 pictures on a full charge. Both are 5.1 megapixel. The reason i am debating these two is that i do not know what is more important: fashion, or battery power. To me, money is not the problem. The t7 looks extremely cool :D, but the t5 looks extremely ugly (in comparison). What is your opinion as in which is better1 +60 more shots but not good looking2 -60 shots but looks cool

The newest model of cybershot from sony is the t5, to come out in september.  I am debating whether to get the t5 or the t7, which is a slightly older version which came out several months ago.  To be specific, April.  The t5 will cost 350$, and the t7 now costs 450$.  The features are basically the same.  The only difference is that the old t5 can shoot 240 pictures on a full charge, whereas the old t7 can only shoot 180 pictures on a full charge.  Both are 5.1 megapixel. The reason i am debating these two is that i do not know what is more important: fashion, or battery power.  To me, money is not the problem.  The t7 looks extremely cool :D, but the t5 looks extremely ugly (in comparison). 

What is your opinion as in which is better

1 +60 more shots but not good looking

2 -60 shots but looks cool

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How many pictures do you normally take? Do you ever take more than 180 pictures at one setting? If not and money is not an issue and you want something that looks cool, that would be the choice. Now if you do take more than 180 pictures at a setting, then get the older and longer lasting version would probably be the best deal.

I have an older cybershot and I've taken a total of 650 pictures in 3 years with it. (At least that's the number iPhoto says I have). I'm not sure on the newer models, but on mine, the batteries are rechargable, but you can also pop in regular AA's in a pinch if you needed too.

I don't see how the T7 looks any better than T5 to be honest, except it is brushed steel look as opposed to the black look that the T5 has. In fact, I think the T5 looks more stylish and friendly to look at.I never run out of batteries on my camera because I don't like using liveview and I always switch it off when I'm not using it. I'd get whichever is cheaper, which I guess is T5.