xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kurt18th

Music Editing

Well I am in a band. I am looking for something good to edit music with. Nothing too complicated since i haven't done it before. Something easy to learn with you know. I am guessing that there are other people on this site who edit music for a band. So yes, please, help... :D

Im going to assume that you are talking about recording your band and putting your songs on CD or putting them up for download. You wernt really clear on exactly what you ment.I use Cakewalk Home Studio. It has pretty much everything you need. Multitrack recording, panning, EQ Reverb and all those mastering tools. If you want to record stuff that sounds at least half way profesional, I would suggest Cakewalk Home Studio. To make the recordings sound better, I would also suggest doing a little research proper mastering; EQ, reverb, panning... It really makes a difference in sound quality when it is mastered properly.

Are these music-editing software free? I've always wanted to experiment with creating music on my own, but I've always lacked the resources and software to record and edit music. Is there such a thing as a free music-creating and editing software? I don't want to buy and invest in such software, I know that they are not cheap.

I have a freeware that is as good as shareware...it is

The Free, Cross-Platform Sound Editor. Audacity 1.2.3 is a new stable version of Audacity. This version fixes a bug that interfered with long recordings on some Windows systems, and another bug that causes random crashes on Mac OS X. It also includes several updated translations, and other bug fixes and minor improvements.

site to download it and read more about it: https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

I have a freeware that is as good as shareware...it is

site to download it and read more about it: https://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you can get free versions of Cubase and editing software like that with sound cards and stuff. You can check out demo versions of different software by going to thier sites and then make comaprisons. You might like some of them enough to buy a version.