xisto Community
soleimanian

How To Create A Shutdown Icon On Desktop

How to create a shutdown icon on desktop Right click on your desktop and select new > shortcut.In dialog box type “shutdown –s”, click next to continue and then type a name for shortcut and click finish.You can add below parameters:shutdown [{-l|-s|-r|-a}] [-f] [-m [\\ComputerName]] -l >> Logs off the current user-s >> Shuts down the local computer-r >> Reboots after shutdown-a >> Aborts shutdown. Ignores other parameters, except -l and Computer Name-f >> Forces running applications to close.-m [\\ComputerName] >> computer nameTo create a suspend icon, type “rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll, SetSuspendState” :D:P:P

I HAVE tAKEN away your credits for this post. Please search well before you post tutorials to see if they already exist.

This may anger the host gods but well they can just take it on the chin. Their maybe a place somewhere in the forum where this thread was posted once before. Maybe severaltimes but it is so easy to place a copy of another post and another. From what I see some of the topics could be removed after a time, Ive been peeking throught alot of the past post and this is the first time Ive seen this. It is neater to shut down than going to start and then close and then to restart or shut down. So they may take a point or two away I give you a five'r to replace it.

yeah it kinda sucks... im with knighteagle.i mean yeah he shouldt repost this but its kinda hard to go through all of the pages to see if something has been posted before. Maybe adding a search feature to the forums would be a good idea. I dunno if deleting the topics is such a good idea because that wont stop it from being reposted... it may make it worse but who knows, its something for the admin to debate about :D