xisto Community
Mahanon

Shin Megami Tenesei: Nocturne

So this is about a game pretty well known as Nocturne, well at least I hope it is a well known game. Actually I just started to play it even though I actually bought it sometime in early January, but that kinda goes off the subject, if any of you don't know this game was published by Atlus, a company that has actually developed similar titles, Persona just to name one.So I haven't beaten this game yet, but overall the mecanics of the game seen pretty well balanced, of course it you hanlbe the controls the right way inside an area you will make yourself sick, (found that out the hard way). So the game is set in Post Apocalyptic Tokyo and you, the character has survived the end of the World with two of your friends, a head of a company, your teacher, and a reporter, but only you have been given demonic powers, well it isn't actually the end of the world more along the lines of its rebirth called the Conception with creates the Vortex World which you must navigate to either recreate the World or utterly annihilate it, (that what I got from it so far).For any that played the earlier versions you will be familiar with getting Demons to join you, or fuse them to create a more powerful Demon, well that expains that part anyway.There is also the Candelabrum, I think thirteen in all or something like that, that you can collect and return to to there rightfull place within something called the Amala Network,these are kept by several incarnations of Death.Oh yeah and it has Dante from Devel May Cry in it from time to time, seems to be an enemy but I have only fought him once so far.

You don't' even know how I love this game.Actually this game is pretty philosophical. There are various moralistic issues in this game that will make you think about your life.(This is such a good game that I don't want to spoil it with a spoiler so I'll just say that my nick is from that game)For me that's one of the best games every produced.I think using guides for this game is a grave sin if you know what I mean. This game is really phenomenal. It should give you hours of joy and thinking, and not be a guided adventure.I've heard people like to classify this game as one of the hardest rpg of the history. I've passed it one time. But I think I'll do it again, after I'll finish digital devil saga( which isn't even half as good as nocturne. Both from the game play as from the story.).There are about 5 ending in the game. Both are determined by the "reason" you chose.<hint>Don't be neutral. That will give you a bad ending</hint>Also, now that I think about it some people might classify it as "pokemon for adults" because of the serious story - adults, and because of the gameplay (collecting demons)- pokemon.I just wish soul hackers will be translated soon. I don't know japanese...

OMG I found yet another person that loves this game like I do, so that comes to the total of three so far.I totally agree with you that this is a very philosophical game not to mention in some ways pshycological as well, it has become an addiction for one of my friends that just sits and watches in hopes of seeinf the ending she wants to see.And you mentioned that there are only five endings in total, I had heard a rumor that there where a total of eight endings, but them again it is just a rumor.And I also agree that using a guide to this game doesn't make it as enjoyable, and when I play it sometimes I do feel like I am playing Pokemon trying to acquire all the demons, it just makes it even more addicting.And by the way what is Soul Hackers

There were a lot of shin Megami Tensei games before nocturne. All of them based- on the same pokemon style ( I think).The shin Megami Tensei series is like a dark final fantasy series. But it is not popular in America. It's only popular in japan.Of course the title was different: Shin Megami Tensei: devil summoner: soul hackers.And there are alternative titles:Devil summoner.All in all there are a lot of shin Megami Tensei games, but none of them was translated in English.Of course there is a change that if it will get really popular in America they will translate itAs far as I know there were some shin megami games for those platforms:SaturnSNESPlaystation oneBut none of them was translated yet. Of course if you know japansese you can play them. (If you will search enough I'm sure you will find them on the internet to download. (I've heard there are translations for the snes games))

Yes you are quite right, there are Many Shin Megami Tensei games that came about before the creation of Nocturne, I actually own several of them and it seems that Pokemon style of collecting Demons is quite popular in this series and who wouldn't agree that it isn't.It is to bad this game isn't as popular in America but what do you expect, no one really wishes to play something that you have to think about what to do or if you do something will it affect the end. They prefer something that has a set path to follow, Nocturne does have this but depending on what you do it affects the end, like for instance going into the Laberyinth of Amala this negates virtually everything that you did in the game giving you a hidden ending I beleive, well that is what I am striving for anyway.And I beleive that two of the Shin Megami Tensei games on the PS1 have been translated, but they were quite hard to get your hands on since they came out in limited quantities.I think they were of the Persona series, but I can't exactly check at this moment the games were.PersonaandPersona 2:Eternal PunishmentThere was another that followed before of after the second one but it never was released in America, that is just sad, sad thing.....I heard it was a really good game...

This game is amazing. I've searched everywhere for the SNES and PS1 games, but no luck so far. I Loved nocturne, it was probably because i have a weakness for games that let you customize alot of stuff. I Still haven't beaten it, but i wouldn't call it the hardest game ever.