xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Photograffiti

Photoshop Tutorial: Sharpening - A Must For All Images This should be done to all images

Hey again, Just in case some of you are out there wondering why your pictures never look clear when you open them in photoshop, it's probably because you aren't adding a little bit of sharpening to your photos. Sharpening will make your images look clearer, which is what you want. Please note that you should sharpen your images when you have completely finished editing them, which means that you should do all your crazy editing before you sharpen. Now when you sharpen, you might not be able to see the effects, but trust me they are there, and if you are printing your images you will notice a big difference. So, shut up already and tell me how to do it. Actually this is the easiest part. First choose the magnifying tool and zoom in till your image is at 100%. Then, you simply go to the filter menu, bring your pointer down to sharpen, and choose unsharp mask. In the box that pops up you will see the following three sliders: amount, radius and threshold. Most people have no idea what numbers to enter so I suggest starting at amount 125% radius 1 and threshold 3 . Now, I don't recommend changing these setting too much, even though they go up to extreemely high numbers, most photographers will never go past amount 200% radius 4 and threshold 3 . Happy shooting

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)