xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wutske

Can't Upload In Gallery

Ok, I don't know where my previous post went to, but if it's been removed by an admin, plz don't shoot me :P .

Ok, I've installed geeklog and gallery. I"ve changed the gallery configuration, but left the ImageMagick (/usr/bin) path as defautl, I only deleted the rar path because that caused errors.

When I want to upload an image I get this error:
---
Debug messages:

mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/bin/.libs': Permission denied
/usr/bin/convert: line 1: /usr/bin/gcc: Permission denied

Error: Unable to make thumbnail (0)
---

And the gallery faq has 2 options.

Permission Denied -- More than likely, your NetPBM directory or the actual NetPBM binaries are not chmodded 0755. It could also mean that your host has disallowed you from executing programs; if this is the case, you must talk to them in order to get it resolved.

OR

Status: (expected 0) -- This means that Gallery is unable to get a status message from PHP, which it relies on. One possible solution is that your host has disabled some needed php functions. To determine if they have create a PHP file containing
<?php
echo ini_get("disable_functions");
?>

The second one outputs "system" (overhere)

Anyone who could help me ???

P.s. The full output from the upload form:

Processing status...******Adding DSCF3255.jpg*****

Doing the naming
Image Preprocessing
  Resizing/compressing original image
Resizing Image: /home/wutske/public_html/jovolka/gallery/albums/jov2005/DSCF3255.jpg
Getting Dimension of file: /home/wutske/public_html/jovolka/gallery/albums/jov2005/DSCF3255.jpg
  No resizing required
Adding Photo to the photo list
File /home/wutske/public_html/jovolka/gallery/albums/jov2005/DSCF3255.jpg type 2.

Getting Dimension of file: /home/wutske/public_html/jovolka/gallery/albums/jov2005/DSCF3255.jpg
Generating thumbnail.
Resizing Image: /home/wutske/public_html/jovolka/gallery/albums/jov2005/DSCF3255.jpg
Executing:

'/usr/bin/convert' -quality 65 -size 150x150 -coalesce '/home/wutske/public_html/jovolka/gallery/albums/jov2005/DSCF3255.jpg' -geometry 150x150 '/home/wutske/public_html/jovolka/gallery/albums/jov2005/DSCF3255.thumb.jpg'

Results:

none

Debug messages:

mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/bin/.libs': Permission denied
/usr/bin/convert: line 1: /usr/bin/gcc: Permission denied

Error: Unable to make thumbnail (0)

hmm, can't find the edit button :D

Maybe somebody who can provide me the path to NetPBM ??? Maybe that one works...

woow, never tought it was this easy :P . Sorry for making this topic :D .

For those who have the same problem, try using NetBPM, you can download the precompiled package on the gallery download page (I used the linux-intel version).

Just upload it, CHMOD the folder and files to 775 or 777 if you get an error and point the gallery to it
eg: /home/username/public_html/afolder/maybeanotheron/netPBM
and don't forget to select netBPM :P