xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
imajin8shun

Need Advice On Good Free Blog Scripts and good ones?

Anybody know of any free good blog scripts that are easy to install and use, that can also fit easily into your website layout? This is really important so if anyone knows can you please help me asap... thanks in advanced.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I would recommend you Wordpress which you can download at https://wordpress.org/. It's very easy to use and easily customizable to suit your website layout. In fact, you can install it via your cPanel's Fantasico, it's in there.

If you want to be more advanced, I would recommend Movable Type at https://movabletype.org/. It's used by many professional and commercial companies to power their blogs.

Thanks, but I need one that doesnt use MySQL though. Thanks anyways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

May I ask you why?

You are hosted here at asta, it says so under your name. So you have mySQL databases to use. Even if your not running the blog software at asta server you can use asta's database.

Oh and Wordpress is the best blogging software out there.

I'm sorry that imajin's not going to be with us, but, just in case there are people out there wanting to be able to post blogs on their site without having to use mySQL, I've found a little loophole in the way blogger is run that enables you to publish their blogger "software" as php files...for example, on the "PUBLISHING" page under the Settings tag, where it asks for the blog filename, you put something like "index.php" and it formats the main blog page correctly according to the header.inc and footer.inc php files on your server, like I have it on mine, and just do the same when it asks for the archiving filename on the "ARCHIVING" page under the same tag. Found this out by accident, but seems to work seamlessly for me, and I don't have to worry about mySQL, since they always have a copy on blogger.com's servers.

Well,

My Blog is also on Wordpress and I am satisfied with it ...

It has a great diversity in Options, Designs and blah blah :o

HOwever, b2evolution is also very good, but its interface is not much Friendly :P

**** All Appreciations and Criticisms are welcome ****

Regards:

Samya Khalid