xisto Community
Illudar

Anyone Interested In Computer Game Creation

As i already said, i`m new at game creating, so i`d like to know if there are any special tips from that people, who are prof. at this. Because when i`m begining a game i have a lots of questions about how to make my game better and more realistik and so forth. :D And i`d be very very glad if you`ll tell me about different programms for gamecreating, because i know only a few :D

I know nothing of graphical games but I am slowly trying to make my own text base MMOPG TV station managment game. I need to learn database, but I am learning PHP and picked up HTML very easily. It will involve alot of work for me, but in the end it will be worth it.

I would recommend a deep knowledge of C++ or similar programming structures. I personally hate any kind of runtime requirements that most development environments require for execution.For starters - why don't you at least look into C++ and SDL - the Simple DirectMedia Layer... From there you could learn OpenGL, and perhaps DirectX for Microsoft proprietary formats... etc... But I would steer clear of progs such as "RPG Maker" and such forth...C++ baby...