xisto Community
Illudar

Anyone Interested In Computer Game Creation

I do it 100% as a hobby. I make games and distribute them to my friends so they can test them. I used GameMaker for a long time (for people who want to learn something PM me, or download it at https://www.yoyogames.com/) Currently I'm trying to make games in C++, but it doesn't go very well yet, none of my games worked properly.

-=Jeroen=-

i use rpg maker too, just to [pass the time here at home~most of the things i do come from roleplays and fanfics me and my friends make :D

I am waiting to get a new computer singularly for unix based systems so I can properly compile on it and learning assembling code that I will use to develop games, but so far I only have the pre-requisites of a game designer (creativity and will) >.> <.<I do have a game almost fully designed though, wrote it down and all. Pretty neat and nice.

If you want to be engaged in something bigger, there is a project that might interest you. A friend of mine has decided to make a free MMORPG, but not a simple one, such as Runescape (I'm not saying it's not good), but something like Guild Wars. So, anyone who knows something with game making should contact him. But, don't except any pays, because the game will be completely free, just like RoseOn. You can visit the official web site at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, and there is alo a forum.

And if you wonder why is it called Singidunum, here's why. The capital of the country we live (Serbia & Montenegro) is called Belgrade. In the past, when the Roman Empire was enormous (BC period), Belgrade was called Singidunum :huh: So there you have it.

Well, i`m very interested, but i`m rather new at it, so i`ll be very glad to hear any tips about it. As i looked through this posts i found lots of very usefull thing (thanks). But where can i get RPG maker and does it really worth it? :huh:

1064333899[/snapback]

RPG maker is good, but if it's worth it, that's another question. I still prefer GameMaker v6.1 since it allows you to make 3D games and other games types and not only RPG's Ok, I agree, if you want to make a RPG it's easier to user RPG maker but with GM you can create everything yourself so you can exactly make it like you want it. If you go with GameMaker you can always PM me for help (or just look at the GM forums, otherwise you need to ask someone else.

-=jeroen=-