xisto Community
scryoko

Help - Changing Font Style And Size On Ie

Hi, everyone.

Unfortunately, I don't have very good computer skills and so I need help. Okay, I'm not really sure what I clicked on or changed but the font size on my Internext Explorer browser is much too large -- to the point where some of the words would overlap would one another. But the weird thing is, even when I tried to change the font size to the smalest one there is (I did this by going to the 'View' menu on IE, then highlighting 'Text Size' and then clicking on 'Smallest'), the size of the text on the web pages are still too big ('Large' and 'Largest' are even worse). Since this did not work, I then tried going to the 'Tools' menu on IE, clicked on 'Internet Options' and under the 'General' tabs, I clicked on 'Fonts' and tried to change the font style -- but for some reason, no matter what font I clicked on, nothing happened.

I think that somehow I must have changed the font size/style when I was trying to change the appearance of my comp (I did this by right clicking the desktop, then clicking on 'Properties', and then clicked on the 'Appearance' tab, and then clicked on the 'Advanced' button, and proceeded to change the appearance of the comp). But now, I really don't know how to change everything back to how it originally was (with IE and all).

I know that people say that IE isn't that good of a browser, compared to Firefox (I do have and use Firefox by the way), but the fact that the "smallest" font size on IE is still too large where the words overlap, I can't stand that. Plus, since I do use IE for previewing my webpages that I create with MS FrontPage, I want to be able preview the webpages exactly how it should be -- instead of large fonts and all. Yes, one might say that I could use Firefox, but then the CCS styles that I use are not displayed -- I can only see them on IE. And once again, I want to be able to preview the webpages as how it should be.

So if someone, anyone can help with this problem... I would completely grateful. Now, I shall go kick myself in the behind for even messing with the appearance settings in the first place. /sighs.../

Thanks,

-- scryoko

p.s. Oh yes, I forgot to add one thing that I thought was really weird. For some reason, when I changed the appearance settings somehow, it only affected IE. When I use Firefox, nothing of the font size or style had changed so... I wonder why is that?

I think that somehow I must have changed the font size/style when I was trying to change the appearance of my comp (I did this by right clicking the desktop, then clicking on 'Properties', and then clicked on the 'Appearance' tab, and then clicked on the 'Advanced' button

Well, this sounds as if it would be best if you changed these settings to the original state. You must have changed some font sizes in the advanced tab. Select the single elements in the advanced tab and try to make some font sizes smaller.
In Windows 98 there used to be some themes for visually disbaled with extra big font sizes, perhaps a theme like that is active?

GreetingZ

Well, this sounds as if it would be best if you changed these settings to the original state. You must have changed some font sizes in the advanced tab. Select the single elements in the advanced tab and try to make some font sizes smaller.

Yeah, I know. I was tweaking with the font sizes/styles and all -- I even went back to those single elements in the advanced tab to try and change it back somehow. But what I find odd is that I can't find a sub(-sub)-tab taht indicates font size or window text. I think that's what puzzles me the most -- the fact that I can't seem to figure out exactly what it was that I pushed/clicked on/whatever that made things the way it is now (i.e. large® fonts). So, sadly, and annoyingly, enough... I have absolutely no clue as to how to change the settings back to the original state.

In Windows 98 there used to be some themes for visually disbaled with extra big font sizes, perhaps a theme like that is active?

Hm... I don't have Windows 98 -- I have Windows XP. Already, I had tried to change the theme of the settings (like from the Windows Classic appearance to the Windows XP one) and even then, it doesn't seem to help fix the large-fonts-size-in-IE-windows problem. Now, I still have no clue as to what to do, damn.

Still, thank you so much for your help. ^_^ Got any more ideas? ^_~ hehe. ^_^ j/k...ish. >_<;;

-- scryoko