xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamerchick39

F.e.a.r. Single Player Demo Announced

LOS ANGELES, CA - August 2, 2005 â Vivendi Universal Games announced today that the single player demo for the eagerly anticipated, award-winning PC title F.E.A.R.⢠(First Encounter Assault and Recon) will be released globally on "F.E.A.R. Friday," August 5, 2005.
Developed by Monolith Productions, F.E.A.R. is an intense first person close-quarters combat experience with rich atmosphere and an engaging, paranormal horror storyline. Already named "Best Action Game of E3 2005" by the E3 Critics, F.E.A.R. has been called
"Vivendiâs classic-in-the-making" and "the PCâs top shooter" by PC Gamer (September 2005).

The single player demo features one level, combining intense and exhilarating action and pulse-quickening paranormal chills, giving players a true taste of what F.E.A.R. holds in store for them this fall.

The F.E.A.R. single player demo will be available starting at 10:00am PDT on Friday, August 5. To download the demo or for more information on F.E.A.R. including system requirements, please visit http://www.whatisfear.com/.

F.E.A.R. will be available during Fall 2005 for the PC with an ESRB âMatureâ rating.

Source:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Here are the System Requirements for the full game:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIRED
¡ WindowsŽ XP or 2000 with latest service pack installed
¡ DirectXŽ 9.0c (April Edition) (included)
¡ PentiumŽ 4 1.7 GHz or equivalent processor
¡ 512 MB of RAM
¡ 64 MB GeForce⢠4 Ti or ATIŽ RadeonŽ 9600 or equivalent with hardware T&L and pixel shader support
¡ 5.0 GB free Hard Drive Space for installation
¡ 4x CD-ROM drive (for Director's Edition, this will have to be DVD-ROM)
¡ 16-bit DirectXŽ 9.0 compliant sound card with support for EAX⢠2.0
¡ Internet Connection Required
¡ Mouse
¡ Keyboard

RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
¡PentiumŽ 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent processor
¡1 GB RAM
¡A 256 MB RadeonŽ 9800 Pro or equivalent DirectXŽ 9 compliant video car with hardware T&L and pixel shader 2.0 support

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS
Nvidia GeForce⢠4Ti, GeForce⢠FX 5900, FX 5900 Ultra, 6800, 6800 GT, 6800 Ultra
ATIÂŽ RadeonÂŽ 9600, 9600 Pro, 9600 XT, 9700, 9700 Pro, 9800 Pro, x700 XT, x800 XT, x850 XT

Now i dont know about you guys, but i am so waiting for friday to get here cuz i wanna play this game so bad.

Have you watched the singleplayer demo movie? It was awesome! But it's so freaking weird because of the lights going out while fighting... and that girl in the red dress. She creeps me out!Also, 5 gigabytes of storage. That's a LOT for a singleplayer DEMO!! I mean, what, the full game is gonna take up 10 gigabytes? Bah, I wouldn't be able to play it then. :P I have only 4.5-ish gigs of storage left on my drive.Anyway, yeah, I really like this game. They have been holding it back far too long. I've been sharing videos and trailers of it for many months with my friends. They are kind of expecting it too :D

Yeah ive been wanting to play this so bad... i got in on the multiplayer beta demo, but my computer wouldnt ever connect to the servers...as far as the requirements, i believe those are for the full version.. at least i hope so cuz yeah 5 gigs is a lot.. i mean i think doom 3 only takes up 1 gig on my computer, so this is one monsterous game haha

There are alot of games that are 2-3+ gigs so 5 is big but not unexpected, they're gonna keep getting bigger if you keep expecting flashier graphics lol. But yea I cant wait to get my hands on the demo and try it out, I need to add some fear into my life weeee.

So has anyone else played the demo yet.. I did and MAN IS IT AWESOME haha i cant wait for the full game to come out. The story, teh graphics, the gameplay, the creepy girl.. gah this game is great.My only gripe is that i wish the demo was a little longer. and i also gotta add, the particle gun friggin rocks.. i love this demo!!!