xisto Community
thedevil

Php And Session Talk about Session Handling in PHP

I have a problem in handling Session. When I log on to my site using the passwords and username that i have maintained in my database... After authentication, I start a session... but still when i again visit the admin page it asks me the username and password... I have added all the authentication and checking...

How do you transfer the session id? Do you use cookies, have cookies as optional or rely completely on GET variable? And do you save the session id into database and check it from there? Oh and your code would be helpful too. Just explain it or have it properly commented.

How do you transfer the session id? Do you use cookies, have cookies as optional or rely completely on GET variable?

And do you save the session id into database and check it from there?

Oh and your code would be helpful too. Just explain it or have it properly commented.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually I dont pass the session id in to pages but rely on get... moreover... i use code as such

session_start();$_SESSION['<somevariable>']='someting';
and use this variable to see if the person has logged in or not... as

session_start();$_SESSION['logged']=true;
in some other pages

if (isset($_SESSION['logged'])&&$_SESSION['logged']){//Some codes}else{// other codes}

Is this all right or am I just making it feel stupid...

please tell me better way to handle sessions and with code if any

Thank you

How do you transfer the session id? Do you use cookies, have cookies as optional or rely completely on GET variable?

And do you save the session id into database and check it from there?

Oh and your code would be helpful too. Just explain it or have it properly commented.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HeLp me know about session id and its uses how to pass session id into pages... i have seen PHP self passing id through PHPSESSID in GET variable... how will I save the Session id??? and use it later on...