xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Brian1405241474

Smallest Portable Pc Is Incredible

OQO is the smallest pc on the market. It costs approximately $2,000 USD. You can pay more for additional software and accessories. To see a photo of it with the keyboard and stick, click here.

It is incredible to think that a fully functioning computer can fit in my pocket and weigh less than a pound. Times sure have changed from the beginning days of computers when it took a whole room to house a basic computer that is now considered ancient technology.

I started searching the internet to see if there were more of these small pcs being manufactured. This MSNBC article is pretty good. They writer was able to play with a Sony U50 and gave it a nice review. He did say it was over a pound in weight, but still, it is small.

Being that I'm an Apple lover and user, I'd love to see one being made that I could put Mac OS Tiger on, but that might arrive in the future.

I could see it replacing the pda for many people, as you could carry around all your documents and emails. It could come in handy at school, work and play.

What do you think about these ultra-portable pcs? Would you buy one and use it?

Technology is just so exciting these days. Thanks Mom and Dad for starting us on those first Apple II computers when we were kids. It has us well on the technology road.

That's quite incredible, things keep getting more powerful and compact it seems. Once a viable PC gaming rig is shrunk to somethin i can manage to fit in a back pack i'll be more than happy (i am aware of the fragbox and laptops..). I'd still like to see a foldable monitor of some sort, it'd be great for LAN parties for those of us that don't drive, and frequent public transit or use bikes. I guess I'll have to start engineering in my basement on the perfect gaming computer that's compact.The only thing I worry about all of these small gadgets is losing them, I've already lost my Game Boy Advance, and a 512 Flash drive... I'd hat to lose a $2000 computer on the bus...

That is a quite amazing. I was actually looking into buying myself a Pocket PC these few days. This would definitely be one gadget that will be of interest to me. My laptop is heavier than a rock LOL.The price, however, is a little to steep for me. That portable PC is so small and it will be easy to lose or get stolen.

That is really amazing... who would have ever thought that this would have ever happened. It really amazing how technology is advancing these days... who knows maybe the next thing to happen is have one of these small fully functional PCs integrated into a cell phone... ???Posted Image

Its beautiful but I can tell you right now I'd drop it. No matter how careful I am. You should see my cell phone. I buy cheap cell phones for a reason now. LoL! Its pretty coll though. No doubt, my Dad will waste his entire paycheck on it the second he sees it. Grrr! Is it wrong that I'm more of a desktop person? I'd rather have my computer with me tower, keyboard, mouse, and old flat screen moniter than have a laptop or this portable pc. Honestly, I'm not sure, but it looks smaller than a psp. I kind of enjoy my computer being in one spot and one spot only. Even when I'm tired and want to lay down while I'm on the computer. Something rubs me the wrong way when I think about my main computer following me everywhere I go. But, I will admit, that I have wanted a laptop for the road. Just to work on my website when I have long road trips. But if I ever got a laptop I'd still have to have a desktop. :) Just to assure me that I could always find one of my computers! LoL! I misplace everything.