xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kevo32

Anyone Tried This Online Riddle Game?

Its called notpron on the deathball site. Stock up on headache pills and be prepared to spend months on it, its the most difficult riddles ive ever tried but so addicting, DavidM is a genius!! Also make sure you check out the hints and forums. At the moment I am stuck on -36 level. Also don't bother cheating after you get so far you wont be able to finish, he is that smart lol

I've tried it a long time ago before, but it's buggy and I think IE only and requiring lots of plugins. That was one reason why I didn't like it. The other reason it because it was too creepy for me. I get scared easily, even when I'm playing the first level of Half-Life 2, where the combines would chase me.

sounds interesting. one online puzzle game that was absolutly addicting for a while was the mystery of time and space. its very entertaining. if you havent played, you need to get out of each room you are in. the plot is sort of thin though. *shrug*

I just found this topic, so I must revive it :) So, is there anyone who is CURRENTLY playing it?When I first started it, in NOvember last year, I played it with my friend, so it wasn't that hard. In December I came to level 26, and boom! I just couldn't do it. Then I stopped trying for some time, and yesterday I tried again. I thought I had a good idea, but it didn't work. I asked for some help on the chat, and they told me that my idea was good. All I can tell you without spoiling it is that you should never use download managers in this game. They have taken away one month of my life!Now I have come to level 31 and I have some small problems, but I'm sure I'll solve it :P

I actually played it for a while, but I keep on forgetting what level I am on - aka bookmarking the level page I am on - so I end up restarting it all the time, so it gets boring LOL. Also I believe that if you reach minus levels, it means you cheated - or I am confusing this with another riddle game.

Holy crap, I know this is a doulbe post, but I tried this game and feel the need to thank you for letting me find out about it! I love thinking type games and especially when they try new things, and this one obviously does that superbly. I started playing last night and it blew my mind every time a clue was found hidden in a different way :) So far I'm on level 11 I think... maybe 12... one of those. I only had about 10 minutes to look at it but wasn't seeing any obvious methods to try. Awesomeness :P My only complaint (and its by no fault of the game creator other then making a challenging game that everyone loves) is that its kinda hard to google clues without having tons of forums pop up with possible spoiler info even using -notpron. ah well, so far I haven't actually had anything ruined so woo.Again, thanks for bringing this game to my attention, and I suggest anyone else considering trying it to do so immediately!

Also I believe that if you reach minus levels, it means you cheated - or I am confusing this with another riddle game.

1064337266[/snapback]

Nope. The normal part of the game has 82 levels, and then the next level is -1. I don't know how many negative leves there are, but when you finish them you go to greek levels - alpha, beta, gamma and so on.

My only complaint (and its by no fault of the game creator other then making a challenging game that everyone loves) is that its kinda hard to google clues without having tons of forums pop up with possible spoiler info even using -notpron.

Yes, that's true, so if you need something, ask me :) You don't have to worry about that, cause in later levels there is no Google box at all :P

so no IE if its true its ie only

Well, it seems that with IE you can hear background music, which is important in one level only, until 31 at least. However, I play it with FireFox and it's better because of the source code. In IE you have it all thrown at you the way it was written. On the other hand, in FireFox it is all formated and coloured so you can easily see what are comments and what are not.

Yeah FireFox gave it a different display than IE. It's a pretty odd and fun game at the same time. Kept me busy for awhile until I got bored of it. Though, I've seen better ones out there, some really test your mind and ability.