xisto Community
WeaponX

SMF 1.1 Questions

Not sure if I should have posted this as a reply to the SMF 1.1 Beta topic, so I just created my own topic for the questions.OK, finally found some time to test out this new version myself.Have some questions for you Trekkie or anyone who knows the answer to these:1. Regarding mods, if they are not compatible what should I do with them? Will they be overwritten or will they still be in the Package Manager so that I can uninstall it later?2. How do I know which mods are SMF 1.1 compliant? I actually did check and a few of them mention it. But I also installed those that didn't mention the compatibility and it still worked.3. I had a problem installing SMF Shop. It says that one of the files failed - /Sources/Post.php I looked in all my folders starting from main root of forum up to the Post.php file and they are all chmod to 777. Still gives me that error message. What's wrong here?4. Where can I get that file to chmod all my SMF files and folders to 777? I remember someone giving me the link to this over at SimpleMachines Forums.I'm very eager to do the upgrade. I really love the new Admin panel. I was going to switch to phpBB before because I didn't like the older Admin panel. I think it was Oldiesman who talked me back into staying with SMF. Glad I stayed. SMF rocks! :)Thanks in advance.

1. The upgrade will kill them completely, there isnt a way of saving them. 2. Either check the thread regarding the mod and usually they have been tested and reported either broken or alive. Else I can set up a test forum for you to play about on, or you can set up a test forum for yourself.3. Admin -> Packages -> Cleanup Permissions -> All are files writable. -> Go4. As above, its now included in the standard install for ease of use.Ill have to congradulate Oldiesmann on MSNM next time I see him :)

As always, thanks for the help Trekkie.I still don't know why it failed for the SMF Shop install. I made sure it was chmod to 777. I'll try that new feature to make all the files writable.LOL. Oldiesmann (Mike right?) was very helpful. Answered all my questions about SMF, which was one reason I stayed.