xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wua05

Maple Story

Hey i play mapleglobal, and my acct is wua04. I was wondering if any people played it. It seems like a very popular game, as many people play it at my school. Also, i always wondered if anyone thought it was ironic, how as it is "cutish and babyish", although most of the ppl playing it are about 17 year olds.

I kinda don't like Maple Story much. The reasons are pretty obvious of course. The gameplay barely changes as time go by, so you have to make a new character just to enjoy a different fighting style almost. Then there's the enemies. You beat up a pig running around, just for its ribbon. I found that quite sad... I rather play Gunbound than this because at least gunbound requires something more stronger, like precision, and I guess luck too.

I actively play Maplestory a lot. A lot of my friends play it which give me the motivation to play it and try to beat them. If you can push aside the fact that there is no PVP (I'm hoping one comes in the near future) you will love this game. Wizet (the makers of this game) constantly update with patches and such. If you play and want to reach me my In Game Name is: MatrixloverI am a level 25 Archer and soon to become a hunter. I play on the server Scania. Whisper to me if you want to do something.

What Maple Story lacked wasn't necessarily the pvp. The problem was you had literally no reason to interact with the other players. You could always group up if you wanted to, but it wasn't at any point necessary to do so.

Maple Story does also lack the "easier" way around to level. Currently for levels 21-30, you can participate in a quest with a party, called the PQ (Party Quest). You can gain quick EXP from it if your party leader is quick at clicking, but most of the times it's wasteful waiting.They should have implemented quests that give out more EXP rather than just 100 EXP when you need 40,000 to level up.

In response to your question, sirfrancisdrake, maplestory is an online-only game. It's a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. I'm only a level 13 magician (Only .25% XP for killing slimes T-T) but I think it's fun, although very repetitive at times. But when you do gain that extra level it feels great, even if it takes hours at times. I think that Wizet should implement PVP and more reasons to make a party besides power leveling). By the way, my level 13 mage is called Ressmerall and is on...um...the world that starts with the letter B that isn't Bera...-Ressmerall

I got a lvl 60 cleric, have no idea why I played, its just really a race, when I quit, wizet was actively patching and adding new parts to the map, every holiday. I still got my black maple bandana, and I luv it. Reason I stopped playing was because World of Warcraft came out, and that was 4 years ago. And they still don't have pvp, at least you can get married :) but that would be a good suggestion to them.-reply by Canada

Replying to matrixloverYou still like maplReplying to matrixloverYou should download this prvate server for maple story from this site:http://riggedms.vforums.co.uk/1000x exp you lvl up very fast like kill 1 snail you turn to lvl 9 the amount of exp in normal x 1000...1000x meso the amount of meso in normal x 10001000x drop drop rare stuff every time-reply by Alex

Replying to matrixloverYou still like maplReplying to matrixloverYou should download this prvate server for maple story from this site:http://riggedms.vforums.co.uk/1000x exp you lvl up very fast like kill 1 snail you turn to lvl 9 the amount of exp in normal x 1000...1000x meso the amount of meso in normal x 10001000x drop drop rare stuff every time-reply by Alex

+gasp+ I remember Maple Story ;) I really don't like it though....I got bored of it when I got to around lvl20, and there were way too many KSers and hackers ;) Not to mention all of those whining, begging noobs...Well, that's just my opinion :P I'm sure many peeps still think it's enjoyable.

I actually played this game for a very short period of time...I just couldn't stand the graphics of it and all. I much prefer 3d games where you run around, rather than overhead games.

Lolz... you guys think Maple Story is just a game hmmm?

I dunno who suffers from more need of a "get a (real) life" reality check here...

the woman who went psycho at getting virtual divorced in an online game.

the husband who complained to the police when she murdered his online virtual character as revenge.

the police who dragged her 620 miles to arrest her for it.

Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Online divorcee jailed after killing virtual hubby

By MARI YAMAGUCHI, Associated Press Writer Mari Yamaguchi, Associated Press Writer – Thu Oct 23, 3:48 pm ET

TOKYO – A 43-year-old Japanese woman whose sudden divorce in a virtual game world made her so angry that she killed her online husband's digital persona has been arrested on suspicion of hacking, police said Thursday.

The woman, who is jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his identification and password to log onto popular interactive game "Maple Story" to carry out the virtual murder in mid-May, a police official in northern Sapporo said on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.

"I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry," the official quoted her as telling investigators and admitting the allegations.

The woman had not plotted any revenge in the real world, the official said.

She has not yet been formally charged, but if convicted could face a prison term of up to five years or a fine up to $5,000.

Players in "Maple Story" raise and manipulate digital images called "avatars" that represent themselves, while engaging in relationships, social activities and fighting against monsters and other obstacles.

The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character. The man complained to police when he discovered that his beloved online avatar was dead.

The woman was arrested Wednesday and was taken across the country, traveling 620 miles from her home in southern Miyazaki to be detained in Sappporo, where the man lives, the official said.

The police official said he did not know if she was married in the real world.

Story brought to my attention from Saint Michael on Xisto forums.
Edited by Lancer (see edit history)