xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
crs_cwiz1405241504

Adsense Age Limit

to join up for adsense, is there an age llimit of over 18 yrs, cause i'm just 15 and i wanted to join the program after my website gets popular. I have no problem related to the bank account - my father has agreed to make a special account of my name just for it. i just want to know whether i'm eligible to join.

I'm not 100% sure, but I would think you would need to be 18 or older to apply. It will ask you for personal information like your Social Security number. They need permission from your parents usually when they do this.

I looked all over the Google Adsense site but can't find any restrictions in regards to the age limit. My suggestion is to contact them. Or if you want, use your dad's name instead of yours. Input his Social Security number so that the check is made payable to him.

That's the other thing. Google pays me by check (I forgot if they have a wired bank transfer), so I'm not sure if a 15 year old can sign their own checks. :)

Yeah, there is an age limit. If you look on the signup form it says "Payee must be at least 18 years of age to participate in AdSense".But that is the UK version, in America it might be different.

Well I suppose you can get past the age limit (if there is one) by listing the owner of the Adsense account as somebody whose age allows particpation, say, your father or mother. That way you can earn money via Adsense and have the money sent to your parent.

I once signed up for an account and I was under 18. Never got the chance to use it.But hey, a better method would be asking for Paypal donations, in my opinion. There might be a chance when someone who's loaded with dough comes over to your site, enjoy it and give you a large sum of money.And about adsense, you only get a few cents per click. That to me is a bit cheap on Google's part. Want to know the one who's actually reaping the real profits.. Google itself.

to join up for adsense, is there an age llimit of over 18 yrs, cause i'm just 15 and i wanted to join the program after my website gets popular. I have no problem related to the bank account - my father has agreed to make a special account of my name just for it. i just want to know whether i'm eligible to join.

1064315512[/snapback]

Hmm ... the replies from the other people on this topic have been really good. I'm going to second the PayPal donation idea (just be sure the account is in your dad's name, as you need a bank account or credit card to withdraw any money that's put into PayPal). And if you doubt that people with big pockets will empty them into PayPal:

There's a guy in Boston named Randy Milholland who draws a Web comic called Something*Positive - it's an ongoing comic about a bunch of characters in Boston and Texas. It's pretty sweet, actually.

Anyway ... I'll let him tell it as he put it in the FAQ section of the site:

"A reader pissed me off because he was mad I didn't update as often as I once did and there were errors in the comic at time. Mind you, by this point in time, the comic was taking over forty hours a week of my time AND I still had a full-time day job. So I blew up in a rant on the front page. Amongst my furious, blind ragings, I dared my readers to put their money where there mouth is and give me a salary so I could just stay home and work on the comic full time. My reasoning was more to shut people up. Instead, I got $4,000 in a day. By a month's time, I had my salary matched. I promptly gave notice at my old job."

Anyway ... you might not be able to get *THAT* much money from donors, but if your site becomes very popular and you give visitors something that other sites can't ... you just might get a few extra bucks out of the deal.

-----Added quotes upon request-----szupie

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

Yeah, in the United States you have to be eighteen. (I'm signing up next month, on my birthday) You also have to be eighteen to sign up for a PayPal account, so donations wouldn't work either. If I were you I'd use one of your parent's names (with their permission, of course! B) ).

Yes, in the U.S. you must be eighteen to enter into a legal contract, and that is what you are doing with AdSense.....The laws are setup that way because marriage is a binding contract, and to get married under the age of eighteen, you must have parental permission......That is just one of those old school laws that has yet to be changed....-William

In North America (U.S. and Canada) you may have an agent (parent or guardian) who is over the age of 18 sign up for you; however, it must then be registered under their name. Payment (whether this is made up of checks, or EFT - Electronic Funds Transfer) will be sent to that person. If you're under the age of 18 and someone signs up for you, you have to be careful that they're trustworthy and that they'll actually give you your paycheck.EFT, or Electronic Funds Transfer, is a direct deposit system where Google automatically funds your bank account (no credit cards), which must be a North American bank account, with your payment (minimum $100) instead of sending a check (31st of the month?). You must verify it first, kind of like what PayPal does, when they credit your account with some amount and you have to identify it and submit it to the site. Then you're good to go.Some of these may not be available to users outside of the U.S. or Canada. However, I heard that they recently added EFT for Australians. A strange country to pick!If you're under the age of 18, it might be best to sign up for another service if you're strictly unable to get a guardian to sign up for you. As well, they're kind of picky anyways.