xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jet

Edit?

Owing to my inconsistent mind, I often find that I have to go over my posts to add/delete/modify stuff... So can you big god people up there consider giving us the priviledge of an edit button?

This was mentioned somewhere before already. I can't find that thread again.The edit button was taken out because it was messing with the credit system from what I understand. So it's not available. If you need to edit your post, you have to PM a mod and they will help you edit it for you.

I know of people who actually try to trick the credit system when they use the edit button but don't you think the mods and admins out there should give some of us hardworking, non-cheating people out here some credit? I mean some of us actually try to make decent posts, and these few really deserve a privellege to actually manage their own posts freely.I mean...what would happen if these hardworking ones make a super long tutorial and made a HUGE mistake while typing it? So we ask a mod/admin to work it out for us but the edit might not be what the owner really want it to be. The result will be hilarious...So I'm just saying that the admins/mods should be more appreciative of some others work. I know myself that we all have GREAT mods and admins out there. They've worked hard to preserve such a great envronment for us to interact with and i really love that. I feel that even being able to make a post here counts as a privelege, and not for the web hosting but for being able to be around the gifted or maybe even the newbies who comes armed with nothing but an inquisitive mind. So admins/mods here me out! p.s If you've read till up here before ditching this post i really gladly appreciate your concern! :)

Why exactly was it messing with the credits system? Did you just get extra credits for whatever you added or changed? Maybe then we should have a delete button so we're free to delete then resubmit our posts. And techocian - you need the edit button :) In the last paragraph you meant "hear", but wrote "here" ("so admins/mods here me out").

OK, I tried finding that thread on this subject matter but can't locate it now.I think the post was made by vujsa. So you can probably PM him if you still have further concerns about this matter. Or you can PM OpaQue (the admin who created the credit system). I would leave it as is since it seems to fumble the credit system from what I understand.The problem might be that some users might cheat and edit their posts to include more text and then edit it again so that it applies to the subject. For example, the user can enter a bunch of garbage text (lots of it) and receive a lot of credit for it. Then to cover this up, they can immediately edit their response and get credit for that also. I hope I got that correctly :)I know what you both mean though. I would love to have the edit button available also since I have made a mistake myself and couldn't edit it without a MOD or Admin to do it for me.