xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Padsgoo

Hello! Introduction

I just signed up a few days ago mainly because I'm looking for a good place to host music and video files for myspace. I read that this place is a really good host although I haven't been to many of them before. The only other one I've been to was Freewebtown, where my bandwidth limit already exceeded. They had a 250 MB limit over there and from what I read it's 500 MB over here...neat. =) So hopefully I'll like it here, I never post in much forums really because I'm mostly a lurker but it seems that I'll have to post over here to keep my stuff. First off, I'd like to know where to go around here where I can ask how to maintain the bandwidth once I get it and not exceed the limit so early.Well, here I go....adios!

I just signed up today and I think its a brilliant idea, just get your credits up and and then you can host, I hate posting in forums all the time but looks like I will have to get used to it.Welcome to the site!Andrew yates

Welcome to the new rig Padsgoo.You should only post useful information here. If you don't have much knowledge in the categories listed here at Xisto, you should try the other site (Xisto) where they have less stricter rules.It's 2GB bandwidth if you sign up for the higher package. Once you reach 30 credits, make sure you apply for hosting because once they accept your application, your credits will reset to about 2 or 3 (even if you have gained more than 30 credits). So keep that in mind.

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome guys!I know I don't have really useful information other than what I know about video games. So I mostly post in the video game forums. I'm getting post counts for it and so far I have 10 but I'm not sure if posts=credits. I have 10 posts and assumed they were the same as credits. I already sent an application and haven't gotten no response.

Nope. I posted this just a few minutes ago somewhere else:

To check the number of credits you have, just login and scroll down a little. You should see the number of Hosting Credits there (it's in days). That number is not 100% accurate from what I gather. When you request for the hosting, an admin or mod will look over your posts and adjust the credits accordingly. As long as you make legitimate (useful) posts, you should be ok around 30 credits (or 10 credits if you want the lower end package).

You need at least 10 credits (not posts). To check credits, see above quote.