xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Resident Evil 5 PlayStation3 X-Box 360

Resident Evil 5

Posted Image

Capcom has released an official statement announcing the title, which is slated to appear on both the PlayStation3 and the X-Box 360, which you can read right here . Numerous news sources have covered the announcement, however the most interesting coverage came from 1Up's preview of the title - which translated details from the magazine given by the titles producer; Jun Takeuchi.

Details revaled include the idea of blending concepts between the original title and Resident Evil 4, the daylight setting, the types of enemies, and the expection that the project will likely take a few years to be competed.

Alongside this, just who the main character is hasn't been exactly revealed, although most have guessed from the images that it is likely to be Chris Redfield from the original Resident Evil and Code Veronica, with others suggesting Billy Coen from Resident Evil Zero or Carlos Olivera from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

Given the timing of the announcement, right before the upcoming Sony and Microsoft showcases in the next few days, I am hoping Capcom intends to show moving footage at the events. Other than that, hopefully the title will make a video appearance at the Tokyo Games Show in September. We will continue to keep you posted.

- for info you can go to : http://www.residentevilfan.com/

I think that nintando has lost one of its greater titles of its exclusivity , :) but I confess that I am in a hurry of testing RE5 .

what do you think about the game ??

Resident Evil 5 looks amazing. I never got to play 0 and 4 yet, 0 might be never unless it comes to a system I have. I'm hoping to play 4 around December, when I actually have the time to play console games >_< Anyways, this game looks very nice, and the trailer was pretty amazing. It looked very real when he was walking and stuff too. What I'm wondering is who that guy is? Some people say that it might be Leon, and that this is the concluding story for him and stuff like that. Others said it was some guy named Billy from Resident Evil 0, which I dunno of since I never played it. Anyways, I hope for the best for this game!

Yea it looks great, and I'm psyched that I'll actually get to play it as it'll be on a console (or 2) that I'll have access too...my only annoyance is that the stupid teaser is too short haha. I hate when they basically give you NONE of the stuff you wanna see...haha not that its dif then other teaser trailers but just a gripe haha. Either way its looking cool... old character, new locale, new enemies, oh yea, it'll be the kickassness

No Leon? Nevermind, I'm not getting that one.Seriously though. Leon is the best Resident Evil character out there. That is why RE4 was so good. But now, switching characters, might cause a major change in attutudes of fans, like me. I won't bother buying it, either.

Leon or no Leon, I know that I'll still be giving this one a go. The trailer looks pretty slick. When they run thru the streets looks cool. It kinda reminds me of the Half Life 2 teasers that came out. They looked so awesome and with that gravity gun and all... but on the final release, I was a little disappointed with that game. Anyway, I do hope the same doesn't happen with this game! Looking forward to some new games on these new machines, I'm more than curious (as most people probably are) as to how good these new machines are going to be.

Haha... I just checked the IGN site again today at uni, I was going to show the trailer to a friend. Anyway, it appears as though the trailer was not meant to be shown at all! If you go to the IGN homepage, they have posted a news item explaining how the trailer wont be released officially until mid-september.

If you want to read more, then you can check out the details here:

http://de.ign.com/

Dmaster14... the games rotate characters on a regular basis...that's how the games have all been. It won't change many people's opinion I don't think. Really if they started ignoring the other characters (Chris, Clair, Jill, etc...) for the rest of the games I think it would anger more people then continuing with the character rotation type storyline.That's kind of cool about the trailer haha. I love when stuff like that happens

Wow, although I haven't really followed the series since Resident Evil 2, I must say that this one has caught my interest. I found the more recent RE games didn't have that some eerie feeling as the first one. I remember playing that at night alone, and would have to stop playing for a sec to check the windows and doors :)

SWEET they are going to make a new Resident Evil, thats just Sweet. The last installment was great and I am sure this one will turn out better then the last one. *Possitive Thinking*

I am already looking forward to playing this new one even though it is probably even a year at best to be released.