xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
discharges

Loading Flash Content + Sound

I'm having some trouble loading flash content and sound together. I would like for the content of the flash movie to load up exactly when the sound does, but usually the sound loads a little faster than the flash and the content is a little lagged/slow playing before it kicks in and sync's up. Could anyone provide some insight as to how I would load the content and sound together, so that it does not lag?P.S. I've already tried putting the sound in the first frame of the flash, but it does not seem to help. Thanks in advance! :)

I have the same problem but not just with flash with windows media player and i have a fast computer so what would the problem be internet connection or something totally different.Because i have no clue what it could be.

I have the same problem but not just with flash with windows media player and i have a fast computer so what would the problem be internet connection or something totally different.Because i have no clue what it could be.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a flash developer. Or at least, a budding one. I'm talking about when I actually compile the flash, there should be some way to make the sound wait for the content to fully load before playing.

is your sound embeded in your swf file?if it is..then why not use a seperate swf for a preloader..might be a bit of an old way to do it but should work

yeah I think that a preloader would solve the problem. ANother thing is that if you have a very complicated animation with complex tweens and suff, sometimes it can lag on slower computers. Some of those complicated shape tweens can take a bit of computing.