xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cragllo

The Sims 2 University! 1st expansion pack of Sims 2

The 1st expansion pack for Sims 2 is out and kicking *bottom* amongst the Sims community, I have had it for one day now, and It is great, the addition of the new 'College Town' and the 125+ new items realy do add. Some of the new items include, drum kit, Cow plant!?!?! arcade machines and a 'Home Plastic Surgery Kit'!!!!!Will Maxis ever stop with the great idea, I know its all been done in the original sims, but! This is Sims2! :angry:

Is the game about a city making.It sounds very interesting.I have heard this name of the game many times but I don't know to download it.It is hard to find the latest demo version in the website.Once I download some of the game on the website,it takes me for a very long time to download it,which is about one to two hours.I am really angry and have lost my temper when downloading it.Why I should wait for a long time to download it???I use Window XP that it should be fast in connection speed and lowered the time for downloading.Do you know how to download the game???P.S. I don't want to wait such a long time while downloading

I have it! It is really super duper fun. I played it non stop until 5am this morning and couldn't wake up haha. :lol:Good thing I don't have school today. :)What I like about the new features is the dorms. If a dorm has 9 rooms and you only have 1 sim in the family that you control, you "claim" 1 room, and the other 8 rooms will be occupied by random townies. It's like playing a community lot all the time.And the rooms will blank out when the occupant is not at home. You can even lock the door! So, so cool.There's only one downside, that's you can't build your own dorms, or modify the layout. You can only buy and delete items, or shift furniture, retile floors and repaint walls.Hurry up and get it already, ramon! :P

It is an awesome game, yes...

and you can make your own dorms, just create a residential lot, use the 'dorm doors'

for the rooms, then you have to enter a cheat to make it into a dorm lot.

To open up the cheats window, hold down CTRL+SHIFT+C then type them in.

changeLotZoning [residential | community | greek | dorm | secretsociety]

Changes the zoning type of the lot. Before rezoning a lot using this cheat, make sure there are no Sims currently living in the lot. To use this cheat, enter the lot that you would like to rezone, and then enter the cheat, choosing one of these zoning options.

e.g: changeLotZoning dorm

EDIT: "to use as a dorm lot, you need to have areas (rooms/dorms) that con only be goten to via one door, the black doorm doors. Familys can not live in doorm lots, thats what residential is for."

Hope that helps you :lol:

If anyonw wants any help at all on any 'sims' games, just ask...

Edited by cragllo (see edit history)

Hmm I think the sims is too much of a milk cow for maxis and EA... They keep adding expensive expention packs, and the entire community will buy them, making maxis / EA rich and stuff...

I just brought the game. It's okay..A lil overrated. It's not much you can with the game. I like the Sims communities better because u can build ur own house have more people and have a bigger choice when it comes to furniture.

It's not much you can with the game. I like the Sims communities better because u can build ur own house have more people and have a bigger choice when it comes to furniture.

133354[/snapback]

To enable buying objects from all furniture categories, press shift-ctrl-c to bring up the cheat console, then type in boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false.

To disable the furniture categories again, type boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled true.

If you want to aquire games for free then your not a true gamer, and if you like consoles, then you really aint a real gamer, PC for the win, and if you say consoles are better than a pc. Then you dont know jack about anything :lol:Anyway, new expansion coming out. This one is so old now, one of the worst of the bunch really.

The Sims was A great Game and now with the Sims 2 Out and Expantions comeing.It is like the game is becomeing new agin, exept better then ever.and sadly I don't have it but I plan to get it very soon.Is this Expantion any good?

I just got this a couple of weeks ago even though its been realeased for more than a year:) getting software is hard in my country, but it's definitely a great addition to the Sims 2. It basically creates a new neighborhood--a college campus--to which you can import your existing teen Sims or create new ones. The teens live in dorms at first, but can rent houses or join a fraternity or sorority. Teens have to do assignments and write term papers to keep their grades up, and quickly progress through eight semesters. They also need to go to class (like going to work, only a shorter period of time). One new element is that every year they need to develop certain skills to maximize their capacity to learn (there's a bar that fills up as they study, and has a minimum they have to do in order to make it to the next grade). So, like with a career, they might have to have two body points and one creativity. If they only have one body point, the maximum studying benefit they can achieve is limited until they've fulfilled the requirement. The better grade they get each semester, the more money they receive as a grant after the final exam. With the money they can buy all the standard objects, along with new items such as instruments (guitar, base, drums), or personal items that they carry with them, like cell phones (a great help when the house phone won't stop ringing and you want to make a call) and iPods. There are also new objects, including gothic and funky themed furniture and new bed spreads, and several new careers for which Sims can study, including natural scientist, paranormal, actor, and artist. A Sim's major prepares them for three different career paths, with one being the most probable. (I do resent, however, that the study of literature is most likely to lead to a career as a criminal or a slacker). Another new feature, college Sims gain influence points which they can use to get other Sims to do things for them (pull pranks, clean, do homework, etc.). These are primarily achieved through social interactions with other Sims. There are also some new social interactions, like pranks, playing hackie sack, and hanging out. As with the Superstar and Vacation expansion packs for the first Sims game, this expansion pack opens up a whole new realm of gameplay. Unfortunately, I wasn't overly impressed with the community lots. It takes too long for the community lot to load for it to be worth visiting, and the only reason to go is to buy cell phones, iPods, etc. Also, the dorms are pre-built, you can't custom build. However, in the dorms, they don't show the interiors of other students dorm rooms unless your Sim enters, which keeps the game from getting sluggish in terms of game speed. One other disappointment is that there are three pre-made campuses, but only two have fraternity/sororities, which is one of the more intriguing challenges (rushing a fraternity is a bit like impressing the headmaster of the private school, but you have to build relationships with four members to a certain level in a limited amount of time, and you keep the progress you made each time you try). I think this is definitely a worthy addition to any Sims fan's library of games. While there's some room for improvement, it does offer a great deal of new features.