xisto Community
optykal

PHP Software? What are some suggestions...

For my php stuff I have been using dreamweaver with apache 2.0 and PHP 5.0, one of my friends mentioned this program and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. The program is Zend Studio Server/Client. Its seems to be some sort of Dev Environment for PHP. If anyone here has used it or has any idea of whether its worth using it would be greatly appreciated. Or else what would be some suggestions?Cheers!

For anyone else who may happen to read this thread and are interested in using a PHP editor rather than coding everything in Notepad (or something similar), the website PHP-editors could prove to be a very valuable resource. I'm just getting started with PHP myself, and the site has certainly been a big help.

Going back to the original title of this thread, the website I linked to has several reviews on the most popular PHP editors around, freeware, shareware, and commercial. I rather like PHP Designer 2005 myself. It certainly has a lot of features, and it's got one of the most intuitive and user-friendly interfaces I've seen. It's also a quick download at 1.3 MB. Best of all, it's free! =^^=

I agree. And I also use PHP Designer 2005. If you're PHP savvy, that's a good choice. Otherwise, you'd be good sticking with something object-oriented like Dreamweaver, (No offense meant)Panda

I too am a PHP Designer user I use it now for developing php and getting an quick debug...I had been using HTML Kit but it doesn't have a debugger and the only way to view your page is to put it on your server and then go there just like a normal site, but with PHP Designer it make a temporary file and opens your browser window for you and you can know almost instantly if the script is working like you want it to...it has saved me lots of time I wouldn't be without this program if I were wanting to write PHP apps.

Im also a fan of PHP Designer 2005 - I used to use dreamweaver but found it cumbersome for writing the php code - i disliked it so much that i just stuck with notepad - after getting the initial design of the page done in DW. But PHP Designer 2005 is much easier to work with - probably because its designed with one job in mind, no offence to DW that has to support many different scripting languages!

Dan

Hi!!

Another very well constrcuted PHP Editor is PHP Expert Editor...

http://www.ankord.com/phpxedit.html

There's a downloadable Demo on the Homepage and if you like it, just order it, it's worth!!

This Editor also knows HTML-CODE and creates easily mySQL requests!! Very useful for combining HTML and PHP for example ind phtml!

;) Currently, I use Dreamweaver, Phpeditor, and PHP4.3.10 now,

Its just the best combination (plus Photoshop CS for image... :P )

Dont be afraid using DW, as well as Phpedit. they did well in my pages. Maybe you need more learn how to use it (as above replies).

Php is easy to learn, and like the old say

experience is the best teacher

, anyway .. good luck 2 U ...

Best Regards,

OSIRIS