xisto Community
mzwebfreak

Graphics Resources What site(s) are your faves?

In all my years of web and graphic designing, I have a few main sites, such as gettyimages.com, that I go to for stock photos, or ones like atpictures.com for celebrity photos. What kind of sites, if you prefer those over stock CDs, have you found to be the most helpful in your designing, and, if there's a specific reason, why. What are the pros and cons of your favorites?

Me, personally, I like Getty because it seems to be the main source for all sorts of graphics for all kinds of ideas...yes, some are rights-managed, so you have to give credit and such like that, but they also have a ton of royalty-free images you can use for graphics and layouts. As for AtPictures, yeah, they generally have a lot of celeb pics, but most of them seem to be at events, rather than photo shoots, which is what I prefer to use for my graphics...then I found out about All Stars Online, that is more along the lines of what I was looking for, plus the pictures scanned are of really good quality...as long as I link back to the site, and say that's where I got the graphics from, they don't mind people using the graphics...that's what they put them there for.

I love Gettyimages.com, but recently I don't visit it often, cause just EVERYBODY uses getty. I hate it seing the same stock picture on someone else's graphic as on mine.I love elegancepixelfied.com. A lot of celebrity scans, and almost all of them has very good quality. For the magazine scans I use imgscan.com. Originally the site is in Chinese, but for saving pictures for urself you don't have to know it(chinese). I don't use a specific site for tutorials, brushes/textures and stuff, just visit the communities.

When we need high quality stuff for Lightwave at work, we often visit Turbosquid.com or whatever the new site name is...We can spend upwards of $650 for a good model, but that is cheap when we're doing a project for $30,000 or even cheaper for a $150,000 project. It is faster and cheaper (time wise) to buy the work someone else has done, reward them for their work, and get to rendering. The faster the job is out the door the sooner we move to the next project. 3Dcafe.com is another old time hang out we look at as well as 3dlinks.com. There there are a couple other sites we look at, but chances are we've already purchased their texture or model CD's at some point. We have a 50-disc networked CD-changer full with nothering but Lightwave models and textures. You just have to remember what disc it's on....

I have many resources, but mainly google is best choice. You just must pick right keywords to get good results. :P Anyway best would be:deviantart.combluesfear.compixel2life.com

Oooh thanks, I needed a place to get royalty-free images for layouts and stuff from. Getty Images is great, and I'll definitely check out some of the other sites that were recommended. <3