xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hazeshow

Xandros Linux Beta Test German and French Versions Coming

XandrOS Linux is looking for french or german speaking Betatesters for finnishing their localized releases of XandrOs 3.0, if you're interested click here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

XandrOS (former Corel Linux) is a Linux distribution which is NOT free, you have to pay for the license, and it includes Codeweavers Crossover Office. Meanwhile they have released the Open Circulation Edition, which comes as a reduced version via bittorrent download WITHOUT Crossover Office.

Anyway, the reason why I'm telling yo'all ... the cool thing about this Betatest is this:

"At completion of the beta process you will receive a complimentary, licensed version of Xandros Desktop" .This usually costs US$89.95 ! So I think in this case betatesting is a pretty nice thing! For comparison, the thousands of Microsoft Betatesters - they get NOTHING for their work! So if you think Betatesting is cool, SIGN UP. :)

Posted Image

GreetingZ

I applied for the Beta testing just before the last major release.But i just never got round to faxing of the form they ask you to sign.Irs tempting, but i just love my gentoo too much :)

Yes you're right, they want you to sign a form and fax it to them, only God knows why. But in their welcome mail they said "If you are unable to fax, please scan the fourth page and e-mail it back to us at betateam@xandros.com". So what I did ... I made a screenshot of page 4 of the pdf-file, tried to draw my signature with MS Paint, dropped it on the screenshot, put it in a file and mailed it to them. It worked, I've been accepted, even found my first bug, but things seem to run a bit slow in this beta programm. The betatester's forum is almost dead as it seems, only one or two posts a day, and there's only five or six active engineers who are working and communicating with the testers. But anyway, I'm telling all my friends that I'm an important XandrOS Betatester and they're all very impressed. :P :P GreetingZ 2 your Gentoo :)

I don't know what the matter with these XandrOS guys is. I entered my last found bug on July 13th, 2005 but the bug status is still "unconfirmed". They don't seem to really work on this beta program anymore, the beta forum is almost dead. Perhaps anyone has better experiences with this beta test? I just wanted to let you know, that in case you join this beta test, it's possible that nothing really happens. I wonder if we we will get our free XandrOS license when the beta test is over. I'm afraid we we will NOT get it. :mellow: Beta GreetingZ