xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DJ PuttC

Warcraft 3?

WC3?? I know it, and i've played it before, but not much. It's not a bad game, but a little old now and WoW is way better. The only thing is that there's a monlty pay for WoW.

I have played both Warcraft 3 with the Frozen Throne expansion and World of Warcraft and I personally would say that both games are good. The micromanagement in WC3 made it that much more competitive than just a StarCraft style zergfest since units were capped at a lower number. I personally like WC3 over WoW because of the variety of games that can be played over Battle.net. WoW in my experience used to be fun, but content is developed too slow in my opinion. Even now with the new 1.6 patch that releases BlackWing Lair, many guilds are dropping bosses left and right already because of the armor and weapons they had farmed while waiting for it to come out. In addition, the PvP aspect is there, but my expectations for it were different. It has turned into a zergfest where people just loot bodies for reputation points to earn their epic rewards. There is little to no strategy or skill involved unless an entire guild is in the Battleground and it would literally take hours just to zone everyone in while they waited. As a result, I no longer play it. If I could, I would still play WC3:FT in my spare time just to get a quick UMS game in, but unfortunately I lost my jewel case.