xisto Community
mapuana

I Can Help W/ Oscommerce Design And Programming You need help? I need posts

Hello Asta world! I am new here, still trying to figure out what the heck is going on...but if I am correct, I think I can offer this community my oscommerce hacking and design skills, as well as advice or tips on graphic design. If you have any questions about oscommerce, how to make changes or even if you want help on custom work, simply reply to this message or start a new message and then send a pm to me and I will post to your thread or a reply to this thread.Glad to be of service in Indiana,Mapuana

Hum, the main idea of Xisto is hosting. Wouldn't you be a little out of place here?

Anyways, have fun, stay active, read the rules, folow the rules and eat donuts. See ya!

Yes Xisto is about hosting; On the other hand, When you do get hosting on Xisto you can make a website about Hacking and making design templates for OSCommerce. Which would be good for those who don't like the default layout and want to change it without having to learn CSS and going through the trouble of getting the right design.Good Luck man, All you need is a few good posts to reach 10 credits (or 30 if you want a bigger package) and *BAM* you have your hosting for OSCommerce Designs and Hacks.

Yes, Logan, you saw my meaning immediately! I stumbled upon Xisto looking for free hosting and was pleasantly surprised at the program they have. It seems like an awesome idea, especially since I'm an avid forum poster. Thanks for your words of encouragement!

Having someone around that understands how the OSCommerce programing language works could be of SUPER benifit to some of us "Newbies"!!!Just wish you were around about 2 months ago when I was first trying to dig thru it, teaching myself how to setup an Online Webstore! heheheIf you don't mind, I'd like to add you to my "Contacts" listing, incase I do come across more questions... in hope that your experience would be able to help me?Thanks,Ed

If you don't mind, I'd like to add you to my "Contacts" listing, incase I do come across more questions... in hope that your experience would be able to help me?

No problem Ed!

I'd be very careful about making a website about hacking, check the TOS when you sign up for hosting carefully, I think there might be something saying you can't make a website about that.

Thanks for your concern, but not to worry...oscommerce is open source code and "hacking" doesn't mean the kind of sinister hacking that it usually refers to. It just means changing the code of oscommerce for design and/or functionality purposes. Since the build of oscommerce that I'm currently doing for redistribution distinguishes itself from the original enough to be copyrighted by me in the eyes of the creators and as indicacted in their GPL, I can't see what the problem would be on the hosting side.
Yes, feel free to find me. I am tracking this particular post for now, but if I get some questions I'll just start a new thread in the appropriate category in the forum. So if you stumble upon this thread, need to find the new one, just search for oscommerce and my id.

HAAA!! The answer to my prayers!

Thank you for joining the group. I am really in need of help right now with my client's OSCommerce.

Here are the following problems we found:

1. Clicking on "add to cart" does not add the product to the cart
2. Won't let any users log in to their account
3. Won't let any customer create an account
4. Client can't add a new product to his website

It was working today for a few hours but stopped 4 hours ago. He's currently hosted at GoDaddy

you can troubleshoot it at http://irepairsquad.com/

Here's another thread i made: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/92096-topic/?findpost=1064362270

I realized that this thread was made in 2005. I'm hoping you have stayed active up till now and are able to help on this problem.

Edited by demolaynyc (see edit history)