xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Neutrality

Calculator Using GM (Game Maker)

I didn't really know where to put this, so I put it in this forum. Basically, this is a "program" I made using a piece of game-making software called Game Maker.
It's a calculator. It differs in style from the MS Calculator, but it lacks many of the
features that the MS Calculator has. This is my first piece of software I have made
with this program, so it isn't the best, but it's okay. You can download it here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

There are three problems with the actual program:

~ The +/- button doesn't work (or at least not in this version)
~ An error occurs when you press the equals sign before a number or operator
~ If you press the decimal more than once, an error occurs

I hope to upload a new fixed version today that corrects these bugs, but this version should suffice for now.

Edited by whyme (see edit history)

i've changed the URL for you. and as for your calculator, excellent job! i really like the colours used and it works like a charmcongrats on the new app. -whyme

Looks REALLY nice! I like the colors much better than the Windows calculator...It works really well, too! Great job on the calculator!

~ The +/- button doesn't work (or at least not in this version)

Try this: When the +/- button is pressed, the number that is currently in the box should be multiplied with -1.

BUG: Try typing a number, 5 for example, and press the "=" button once, and then once again, and again, and again... The number will rise in this order:
5, 10, 15, 25, 40, 65, 105, 170...

Suggestion: Try to make some sort of an protection system if the number has lots of digits in it. If you press one number more than 24 times, than the numbers will go over the label.

Seeing that this is your first piece of code, the calculator work really nice! Keep it up!