xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
deaton

Google Is The Only Thing I Use

Google is pretty cool, but I also Yahoo. And when I'm trying to find something in my own country, I use Sapo.pt.

Okay, this is very simple. There is a better search engine than google. This search engine would just happen to be yahoo! I'm terribly sorry to all those who disagree but if you look at the results yahoo is so much better! I'll admit, when google first came out, it was the best. But yahoo! has improved itself so much that it is now the best search engine out there. Even the image search is better than google's. When you search google, you're likely to get copies in your results, but this doesn't happen as often when you use yahoo! Honestly the only time I've seen this happen on yahoo is when more than one website has the EXACT same thing (and I'm only talking about images here). I've never seen a copy of a site when I've used yahoo, unless I do a new search and I only change a word or two. So again, yes, there is a better search engine out there, and it is yahoo! and google will never take over the world. And if it does, I will dedicate my life to destroying the WHOLE company, but that is only if it rules the world. ::That is my job!!! muwahahahahahahaha!:: Until then, I shall return to my evil plotting so that I can one day rule you all! *evil laughter* :P

Well, if you're going to see who's the best overall then it is really impossible to say since both are unique in their own ways. Yahoo! excels in image search (this is what people have been saying lately) but the sheer size of the results google gives is incomparable. Also, if you count value added services (free, mind you) like GMail (much better that yahoo mail) adsense, and the other features like translators,etc., google does have the upper hand.but even yahoo may be nice - who knows? I've never used it (i wonder how i used to live before google)

Google is great , but there are other search engines which are better than google in some respects.for instance yahoo has a yahoo search beta thing where it remembers all your searches and you can organize it with your bookmarks on my yahoo. It will be integrated with yahoo 360 where it becomes part of blog,photos etc.MSN search is also good and some times turns up sites which you would see way far down in google.IMO Google is simple to use and thats why its the best. In terms of search, speed , content all Search Engines are similar.Also google is exceling in new portal stuff like gmail and maps etc .

I personally find Google to be the best search engine out there and have put it as my browser's homepage. The page is simple to use and loads quickly which adds to its appeal. I do however have Yahoo! in my favorites but generally, its used for browsing and surfing for news and other various information. As a result, I will go to Yahoo! for music or movies whereas Google is only there for its search engine and/or Gmail service.

No, no man/woman has ever found a search engine greater than Google.

Please don't make boring and spammy posts like this in the future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same goes for you Szupie :P you could have said this to him in PM.

Ok, about the searchengines... :)

A couple of years ago I was using Altavista and Yahoo... but since Google appeared I use this one almost everytime. Although I still use Yahoo sometimes.

yes I usually use google as my search engine, but for some time know I started hating it because it totally does not index my site for half year now, I think i got into blacklist or something so from now on I wil remake make site and hope i will get to google database again and for the search engines, look at this one, found in my statistics:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

looking good, it is stil beta.

I also only use Google, as it is the one set in my tool bar on Firefox. I have heard good things about dogpile.com...I am not sure if that is still running, as I have not used it in some time, but I use to use that a lot for school reports.

If you want somthing different go to Mooter.com it has a unique search "web" :D and its Aussie. It has two different settings lol "Australian" and "the rest of the world"