xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mario

Music Program

Does anybody know a free program where i can edit music? I have audicity and its cool but it doesn't do what i want it to do.I want a program that i can edit the musice where the singer stops singing and the background music the instruments keep going. Like i want to take the vocal part out for a while and just put it in different place.i don't know if anybody got what i was saying. :angry:Thanks Mario.

If you have Audacity, then you can try to remove vocals by following the instructions on the Audacity FAQ page here - [ Audacity FAQ ].

Look at 'Can I remove the vocals from a recording?'.

I had a quick go at two .wav tracks I have, and it worked okay. Not quite 100% removal of the vocals [very faint in background], but it also removed some other instruments as well. It does depend on the track you are working with though.

Also, I looked up the WavePad FAQ [ link ], and it says that it does not remove vocals from music recordings

Hi, usually to cut out vocals etc. of a music track you?ll need the original multitrack recording. everything else is only a filtering the vocals or so. i didn?t find any free software with this sort of powerfull filters. a good comercial solution is the programm reason from propellerheads. the livesampler is the tool to use...

Does anybody know a free program where i can edit music?

There is many programs for editing music, but, none of them can't cut out the vocals and leave behind clean instrument part... It's just not possible... It's like trying to take off engine from car and then you want to drive it... It's same stuff with music.. Anyway you can take the vocal part out, but main instrument part of song will be "distorted" and sounded like plaing trough tube, or something like that... If you want to play with that stuff I would recommend: CoolEdit, WaveLab, GoldWave, SoundForge.... Now that should be enough... All of these programs is expensive to buy, so I wish you luck with finding them cheaper...

There is Pro Tools which is really Expensive. I think most bands use it to edit there music because it is so effective. I don't personally have it but two of my friends do and when I go over there I like to record things and mix it with other songs. It is freaking awesome. So if you are willing to pay for it I would recomend it for you.

I agree with everything he said. It's plain true, you can't just cut vocals out and expect to be the same.

There's also Internet Audio Mix for simple mp3 editing :)

There is many programs for editing music, but, none of them can't cut out the vocals and leave behind clean instrument part... It's just not possible... It's like trying to take off engine from car and then you want to drive it... It's same stuff with music.. Anyway you can take the vocal part out, but main instrument part of song will be "distorted" and sounded like plaing trough tube, or something like that... If you want to play with that stuff I would recommend: CoolEdit, WaveLab, GoldWave, SoundForge.... Now that should be enough... All of these programs is expensive to buy, so I wish you luck with finding them cheaper...

61336[/snapback]