xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xwilson7x

Halo 2 Favorite Dual-Wielding combo and why?

What's your favorite dual wielding combo and why?Mines have to the Plasma Rifle and the SMG because you can easily find these two weapons in almost any map and the plasma rifle takes down your enemies shield quickly and the smg is great for killing after the shield is down.What your's?

I have many dual combinations and it depends on the situation but most of the time i look for the smg and pistol combination. Its usually the best because the power of the smg and pistol knocks out the shields fast, then one shot with the pistol to the head kills instantly. And it usually takes out 2 or 3 people in a row.

I have many dual combinations and it depends on the situation but most of the time i look for the smg and pistol combination.

Its usually the best because the power of the smg and pistol knocks out the shields fast, then one shot with the pistol to the head kills instantly. And it usually takes out 2 or 3 people in a row.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The SMG and the magnum is a powerful combo, but if you have heard since the auto-update and when you get the new map pack.

Bungie toned down the power of the Magnum becaus it was way too powerful especially if you have a magnum and a plasma pistol in hand.

You could kill people in less then a second if you have a charged plasma pistol and a magnum. But if this topic where to be changed the battle rifle and plasma pistol is the best two weapons to have.

The SMG and the magnum is a powerful combo, but if you have heard since the auto-update and when you get the new map pack.

Bungie toned down the power of the Magnum becaus it was way too powerful especially if you have a magnum and a plasma pistol in hand.

You could kill people in less then a second if you have a charged plasma pistol and a magnum. But if this topic where to be changed the battle rifle and plasma pistol is the best two weapons to have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When i can find them i just use dual needlers and then if i can't get my hands on that i just go dual magnum i like two of the same gun.But alot of times i take plasma grenades and just throw them so they stick to those evil aliens so they die and explode.

Two needlers i like, but it is taking to long. Two SMG's is easy to find. Two pistols is also good. One pistol and 1 SMG works great (I only sometimes forget i have to push the button every bullet for pistol) A plasma rifle and a SMG or pistol is very good (sometimes to good).

I like the smg + magnum the best, even after bungie toned things down it's still a pretty potent combo.and dude, even with teh toned down pistol the plasma pistol + magnum isn't changed LOL head shots with the magnum with shields down still kill =Dmy favourite combo was magnum + magnum, you used to be able to emply 3/4 of a clip in each gun and be able to kill people, now you can't even kill people dual weilding without reloading =PNeedlers are the best suicide weapon in my opinion, if you can do it right with enough open space you can dodge and guide the needles into your enemy without getting killed, but 9 times out of 10 you're going to get killed trying to fight with them. 9 times out of 10 your opponent dies a second or two after you though, so it's an okay trade off ^_^'''Antoher combo people don't think too much about, sniper and br. If you're in close quarters, get off a sniper shot and then switch to br and headshot them. It's not as good as the pp + br combo, but if you're sniping and you get caught with your pants down (metophorically speaking of course =P) it's an easy fall back combo.

PP+Magnum is the best. It requires more skill than PP+BR, but it is faster, more versatile (you don't have to switch back to PP if you miss the PP shot). Yeah, I agree that the Magnum+Magnum sucks, especially how they screwed it up with the AutoUpdate. The sniper, br combo isnt dual wielding. But if it is, the best combo would have to be sniper. Thats it. Best for long range and short range. And yes, it can beat the pp+br combo. It is one shot, while the pp+br is 2 shots. The pp goes too slowly to be effective against a skilled sniper, and the pp cant be fired at close range.

I'm going to have to go with Plasma Pistol offhand and SMG main hand. I've got the system down to where I'll knock their shield off, go for some quick SMG headshots and then duck out. I'll maybe drop the plasma pistol and chuck some grenades if there are more than one.

I'm going to have to go with Plasma Pistol offhand and SMG main hand.  I've got the system down to where I'll knock their shield off, go for some quick SMG headshots and then duck out.  I'll maybe drop the plasma pistol and chuck some grenades if there are more than one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same combo as ninj0r only after blowing away the shield I just spray them with as much SMG fire as I can get off before they know what's happening or their dead. I prefer the latter, but I take what I can get.

The plasma rifle and the SMG here, as well, or just two SMG's. The Plasma Rifle I like because it weakens enemy shields faster, or so I think it does. The SMG just because I like machine guns!

Hehe Needler and Plasma Rifle are my favorite because u can Shoot loads of needles and then hit with a plasma blast and bam! the needles explode and you get 2 booms!! one from plasma and one from needles!! *goes to murder more people onf Halo 2* Mwhahaha~!

I like SMG + SMG....I can fire one while reloading the other and keep up a constant rate of fire until I'm out of ammo. Yeah, you might get killed, but the goal is to provide covering fire. If your playing with a good team in single or multi player it is perfect for laying down cover fire while people with rifles take out targets with accurate fire. Although it is basic small squad tactics. The SMG's take the place of the SAW gunner in other games. One of my friends and I have perfected this Spot On. Makes us extremely hard to defeat. We used to use the same tactics with Halo 1 with the Machine gun and pistol back in our Friday night lan parties where we'd have 8-10 people playing 4v4 in seperate rooms.

This is the best opinion if you ask me, but it requires you and a buddy to work together. One uses the plasma pistol to take down shields and the other used the battle rifle to take him out. This way you are both free to use grenades as well.

My favorite combo BY FAR would have to be a Plasma Pistol with a battle rifle as the side arm. All I do is walk around with the pistol charged and as soon as you fire it, whip out the BR and shoot at your enemy's head.. Instant kill!