xisto Community
m3ch4

Pdf Plugin For Excel? is there a way to export to pdf in excel

Hey,Just curious if anyone knows if tehre is a plug in of some sorts for excel that allows you to export to pdf format instead of the usual excel document?In open office they allow you to export to a pdf format, for the last little while I've been creating spread sheets within excel and then porting them over to open office and exporting from there to pdf format (either that or creating the document right in open office). When I do create the documents in excel and then move them over to open office to export something always seems to change within the document that needs to be adjusted. Hence, why I'm asking aboud a plug in for office...so I don't have to readjust my documents when I move them from excel to open office =/If anyone knows whether or not a plug in exsists, any info would be great.Thanks

well you can install a acrobat pro 6 or 7 (not acrobat reader), so the software will add a virtual pdf printer to your computer, and you can just use print from your excel and select the PDF printer then it will ask you where to save the PDF file, and just click OK to generate the PDF file.also there is a software called PDF factory, it works in the similar way as the acrobat pro.

BlueMountain i agree with you on the acrobat pro... and that's not the only "pro" of getting the software... it has lots os great feautures you can use!!!!!But, since m3ch4 talks about open office, i think he kibd of like the "free" stuff of the software choices... so...There's a "complicated" way of doing it what you're trying to do...There is a php script that converts .xls and .cvs into webpages, and another script that converts php and html script into pdf... it's called a parser (even tought i haven't searc for it's meaning, jeje)If you're interested tell me and i will get the codes for you, i tried them out a few months ago for the same porpouse... (before getting the acrobat professional, wich is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Why don't you create your spreadsheets in OpenOffice.org Calc instead? That would save a lot of time and you can still save them in XLS format. As you said, OpenOffice.org has the Export to PDF function. So you can access them in both Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice.org this way.

HI,

there is a way, which is very cute, and since I found this way I have forgotten any issues of converting any document to PDF. Download it from here http://www.primopdf.com/.

after installing it, you will get a virtual printer installed. Once the virtual printer installed, you can print any document in any application to a PDF document.

There are some other applications similar to primopdf, however, this is the smallest and really fast in printing any kind of doc, excel, plain text.. etc.

Hey,
Just curious if anyone knows if tehre is a plug in of some sorts for excel that allows you to export to pdf format instead of the usual excel document?

In open office they allow you to export to a pdf format, for the last little while I've been creating spread sheets within excel and then porting them over to open office and exporting from there to pdf format (either that or creating the document right in open office). When I do create the documents in excel and then move them over to open office to export something always seems to change within the document that needs to be adjusted.

Hence, why I'm asking aboud a plug in for office...so I don't have to readjust my documents when I move them from excel to open office =/

If anyone knows whether or not a plug in exsists, any info would be great.

Thanks

cheers

I know this is a rather dirty hack, and not what you asked for, but it can accomplish the task. I might be mistaken about this, but I'm too lazy to check. :)I believe, again, if I'm not wrong, that Google Docs & Spreadsheets has an Excel importer and a PDF exporter, so you can create an account there, import the excel spreadsheet that you want to convert to PDF, and then export it to PDF. This is quite a long task for something that should be much simpler, but apart from the PDF virtual printer that you can get (for free aswell), I don't know of any other option.You can also do the same thing with OO.org, because it also has an excel importer and the ability to save files in the PDF format! I think we should all be moving to OO.org because it is a much superior office suite, and its file format is far superior to that of MS Office's. I read on slashdot recently that Microsoft hired people to "contribute" to wikipedia and make it seem as though their new standards are better than they really are! That just shows that they don't trust their own products enough.

Thanks for the link - old post but still a great solutionPdf Plugin For Excel?PrimoPDF worked for me. Now no more create in Word, open in Open Office, etc etc... Created .Pdf straight from Excel with no horsing around - simply works like an alternate printer & saves the file where you tell it instead of printing it out.Office 2003Win7 64bit-reply by lunghd

The way it can be done:Use PrimoPDF and just print and use PrimoPDF as your printer and it will create a PDF file for you.Open your excel (xls) file with Open Office which has the ability to export as PDF..Use Office 2007 Excel which has the ability to save/publish as a PDF fileIt's all free except of upgrading your Office package to 2007. ;]

re: excel to pdfPdf Plugin For Excel?

Great stuff here. It can be a really frustrating process to try and convert massive excel spreadsheets into individual pdf files. One program that I have found that does this well at a competitive price can be found here.

-reply by Georgina Nibbet