xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lorenzo

What Are Your Top 5 Fighting Games?

1. Street Fighter 2 Turbo!!!2. Mortal Kombat 1&23. Tekken Tag Tournament and 34. The first ever Knockout Kings5 Soul Caliber 2Yeah you could say i'm more into old school fighting games!

I'm not really a fan of fighting games myself, but I seem to tend to lean on the OLD SCHOOL fighting games than the current generation fighting games. This is my list of top 5 fighthing games.5. Mortal Kombat/Combat (Forgot how it was spelled) - This game was great! I love unlocking IDOL. I still remember the code for it too.4. Tekken 3 - Another Favorite of mines. A really fun game, but can be unbalanced due to some fighters (EDDIE).3. Dead or Alive 3 - One word: UNBELIEVABLE. The graphics in this game is so nice that it seems like I'm really in the game.2. Marvel VS Capcom - The name of the game pretty much says it all. A very fun game, but I prefer picking the characters from Capcom.1. Street Fighters! - LOL, yeah this game was the best. It was so addicting also. I remember playing for hours non stop with my brother, friends, or cousins.

Oh man how can i forget about the capcom marvel fighting games. X-men Children of the Atom is probably my fav. one, and yeah i can pull off wolverine's 99 hit air combo!. Marvel Superheroes and Marvel vs. Streetfighter is hot. I kinda lost interest after Marvel Vs. Capcom... cause there were a lot of things going on in those games, kinda got complicated.

1. Tekken 52. Dead or Alive3. Mortal Combat4. Street FighterI don't have a fifth one. I don't like fighting games.

5. Guilty Gear Series: Well what can say, A few years back I would never guess I would include this line on a top ten fighters list but here we are. Guilty Gear is not on here becouse its all that great, but becouse they did alot to advance the genre. Other companys(capcom, im looking at you) should look to GG for inspiration. That did a bang up job in making a competant fighter from nothing.4. The Last Blade 2: Easily the most complete 2d fighter to date. this game had complexity that is a chalenge even for those who have mastered the 2d fighter genre. Easily one of the most overlooked fighters in years.3. Capcom Vs. SNK 1 + 2: Taking the best of both worlds and adding in some of the more fighting game n00B elements from the (horrid) VS. series from capcom gave this title a solid, almost pick up and play party game feel. The only games of this nature that are actualy worth playing for Fans of better fighting games.2. Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution: Tight personified. Makes Tekken 5 look like a joke(still)1. Dead or Alive 3: A game with enough thats uber deep if you actualy have the skill to get deeper into it. True players of Doa3 laugh when people call it a button masher with no depth, and trully there is no n00B that could beat a pro. Not even with luck on there side.My Bottom 55. Mortal Combat Deadly Alliance: Absolute trash game. Deserves no more comments.4. Capcom VS. Games: With the acception of a few, these watered down Street Fighters are too easy, and rely to much on flash. There good for 5 mins of arcade fun but nothing more.3. Mortal Kombat Deception: Take a crap game, change the chars around a bit, remove halph the animations and moves, and toss in a lame quest mode to put the users to sleep. Great one Boon, You realy have a knack for killing the series now that Tobias Is gone.2. Mortal Kombat 3: WTF happened here? You have MK 2 and its great, then you screw it all up....twice. This game is actualy only lower than the atrocious 3d MK games only becouse it was our last 2d Kombat and it realy sucked.1. Tekken series: Most likely my comments on this one will get many boo's and dath threats but im sorry folks, Tekken has barely evolved since it was first introduced. The game still has the clunky mechanics of the early 32 bit fighters. Were others evolve, Tekken takes a nap an dthen wakes up a moment before release day and crams something in that the compeditors are doing.....only to remove it in the next game. Like Battle Arena Toshinden and the other "Im 3d" fighters from PSX's early years, Tekken shoud just go away.

Overated 5 series5: King Of Fighters(Not that its bad, just not as good as it could be)4: Tobal Series(why did people like this series again?)3: Soul Calibur Series2: Tekken series1: Street Fighter series(come on guys, there were a few greats but way to much crap)

I've not played that much fighting games, but some good ones are:Dead or AliveSoul Calibur 2TekkenSuper Smash Bros.Mortal combat.......i'm not the biggest fan of fighting games.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Most Complete of the SF2 series)King of Fighters 2000 (Great 2D fighter)Dead or Alive 2 Plus (The X-Box Remake)Tobal 2 (A very nice fighter for PS1 designed by Akira Toriyama)Samurai Shodown (Nice sword-based mideval Japanese fighter)I think you'll notice that 3 out of my 5 are 2D fighters... I think you can read something into that about my general opinion of the modern fighter.

1. Tekken 5 - I've always been a fan since Tekken 3, this is the best Tekken thats come out.2. Capcom Vs SNK 2 - I was so obsessed with this game back then. I've already lost interest in it now but just a mention as an homage.3. Soul Calibur 2 - I played this game a lot at my college. I dont play much anymore but I thought it was a lot of fun4. Street Fighter III: 3rd strike - Same reason as SC2, just that SC2 was more fun5. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 - Same

Hmmm they are all good but Melty blood series I think is better,1. Melty blood Series2. Street fighter Series3. Soul Calibur series4. Super Smash Bros series5. Tekken Series-Oliver