xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Water Melon

AltaVista

Anyone else use this serach engine?It has a good image and video search, but alot of the results are similar to google's. I used to use this alot last year when i needed images for school projects.

I use their Translation site at This page, but that is about the only thing that I use them for, I would rather use yahoo, or google. They both have the image search ability.

But, that is just my $0.02, Tell us the reasons that you use it? Is it just because of the Image and video searches, or what, you tell us....

-William

okay, im sorry to say this, but im a striict yahoo! user. I refuse to use any other search engine including google. Go Yahoo! I have started an organization against google *points to siggy* which has one member ::guess who:: and is trying to make yahoo number one! okay, sorry, i understand that this is an alta vista board but i think that you get so much more out of yahoo when you do se4arches there. come on now, i dont understand why google is so popular when yahoo is so much more satisfying with your results. I'm sure alta vista gets you from point A to point B but sometimes it isnt enough and you need spinners on those wheels if you dont wanna get jumped. WoW, BAD metaphor. PLEASE consider switching to yahoo! its for the better!

I use their Translation site at This page, but that is about the only thing that I use them for, I would rather use yahoo, or google.  They both have the image search ability.

But, that is just my $0.02, Tell us the reasons that you use it?  Is it just because of the Image and video searches, or what, you tell us....

-William

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I use it mainly because of the image searches. For some reason I just prefer their image search over others. I also like the video search option, I find it useful at times.

okay, im sorry to say this, but im a striict yahoo! user. I refuse to use any other search engine including google. Go Yahoo! I have started an organization against google *points to siggy* which has one member ::guess who:: and is trying to make yahoo number one! okay, sorry, i understand that this is an alta vista board but i think that you get so much more out of yahoo when you do se4arches there. come on now, i dont understand why google is so popular when yahoo is so much more satisfying with your results. I'm sure alta vista gets you from point A to point B but sometimes it isnt enough and you need spinners on those wheels if you dont wanna get jumped. WoW, BAD metaphor. PLEASE consider switching to yahoo! its for the better!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You do know that yahoo is just a front on google, right???

You do know that yahoo is just a front on google, right???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What? Im surprise to hear that.

Before...yahoo gets its result to google but now yahoo has its own data storage to deliver informations. I think they're just a plain rival in search engine work.

Can you supply some information that proves "yahoo is just a front of google"?

Im just curious about this.