xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Water Melon

Routers And Cards

I recently fixed up one of my older computers to make it decent enough to go online. Seeing as its a few rooms away, and running a cable that length is too much trouble, i decided that i'm going to purchase a wireless router and a card. I was wondering what router and card would be the best. I'm trying to find something $60 or less for both.

what i do when i need stuff is look it up on dealtime, read expert's reviews and all, and then go to tigerdirect or refurbdepot, and order from their site. i've found D-link to work alright. not like i have that much experience in that area, but the price was definitely good. But looking for both router and card for $60 seems skimpy. You'd probably only find an 11 Mbps for that price.

well d-link is good but not cheap, maybe you can search ebay, there are always some cheaper deals around, don't buy some cheap one, the quality of signal is the most important thing, also the connection stability, you don't want to re-connect it 100 times a day, do you.

I would try to stay with either D-Link or LinkSys, for your home system. I know both are available at about any BestBuy, Costco, or even Wally-World (WalMart). Not sure you'd be able to get both the wireless Router AND wireless network card for under $60ish... but never know if you don't check them out. Sometimes, their rebates will bring the total down to that cost... but then again you're waiting 60 days or so to receive that rebate.Best of luck!