xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rockgoody

My New Siggy yellowie

I realize that I didn't have a sig, so I made one in photoshop 7 in 35 minutes. I'm glad that I'm done. Can people tell how is it and how it flows? It's pretty small, but I think it looks cool. Give suggestions, comments, or ask questions.

Posted Image

I like the color yellow, but I don't use it much. I finally made use of the stained glass texture and it is pretty cool. I thought that that it was useless. I got photoshop more than a year ago, but I have never made anything serious. I'm still kind of naive when I use photoshop. I just use it to make grunge sigs and draw on it. It's good practice.

Matching avatar too. I like yellow. Posted Image

I like the color scheme, intersting how the grunge is used with yellow. Sort of lends to a construction site feel in my opinion - the yellow paint on the equipment being rubbed, scratched, and dented off due to debris hitting it.

The text I'm not so fond of. Seems a bit plain and out of context with everything else ~ you have a grunge yellow and a sandy thing going on, and then there's the text, just white and black. Lacks depth. I'd look into applying a text effect to it and perhaps sampling a color from the left side of the sig to set the text in. I'm also not a fan of adding a background "bar" or horizontal area behind my text (hard to explain), I prefer the text to just be aligned near an edge in a nice spot that complements well.

On the avatar, I think it got a bit too dark to stay matched with the sig. I would recommend just going a bit lighter on the grunginess there.

Again, the text is a bit bland, although there is a complement and a critisim to that as well: The font and coloring matches, but you didn't capitalize the "R" in the avatar as you did in the sig (these are things I nit-pick over lol). I also don't care for the positioning of the text. I feel it would be better off in a corner (lower right would be my choice).

Overall I think it looks great, and that with a few minor adjustments to the text, it would be even better! Keep up the good work! :P

I don't really care for the text, but since you thought it disrupted the look of the images, I changed it. I used a more cooler text, and changed the color. I didn't move the text in the sig, because I forgot to do it and now I'm too lazy to go back and change it. I hope it looks better. Thanks for the comments.

i too like the colors you picked, it looks really good... only suggestion i would make is moving the text on your sig to the bottom right corner... it would match the avatar better and it would be easier to read :P but it could be me lol i dunno just a suggestion heehee

wow thos are really cool. and the matching with the ava rox. well those in combination. yeah you know what i mean. nice font too. and great color choice. it would match my cargo pants. ^^