xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Killtacular

My New 3d Sig

This is my signature that I made using Blender and Photoshop. For those of you who know about Blender 3d, I used a bunch of NURBS Donuts, resized them, duplicated them, and placed them around the camera. I then made all the donuts semi-transparent, and reflective. I also added my name in 3d.

Posted Image

Any comments or suggestions? Post them please!

Thanks,

=Killtacular=

Very nice I must say. What exactly did you make of it in Photoshop if you dont mind me asking?oh yea and is Blender free or is pricing a concern...post some links for others to enjoy also.PS: its probably better to post a link for every piece of software you mention in Xisto, just for the sake of someone that may not of ever heard of the software and may want to know more about it.

It's pretty cool. Just on the right side it seems too dark. In my opinion, I think it'll look better if it was just a bit lighter so you can tell something's really there. Not too bright though, just enough. Anyways, it's better than most things I do anyway. My best ones take me so long, but it's worth it at least.

The sig is a bit dark, so the tube thingies are hard to see. The border should be less rough, because it seems inconsistent with the smooth content of the sig. To make the text blend in more with the tube thing, you could change it's color or remove the texture, then make the spot light a little more the the left. The tubes look cool and random and the text matches with the surface it's on. Honestly, I would advice you to change the sig, or make a new one. I'm sure if you'll do more, you'll get better. This sig can be for experience, but not for use.

Very nice I must say. What exactly did you make of it in Photoshop if you dont mind me asking?
oh yea and is Blender free or is pricing a concern...post some links for others to enjoy also.

PS: its probably better to post a link for every piece of software you mention in Xisto, just for the sake of someone that may not of ever heard of the software and may want to know more about it.

To answer your questions, I used photoshop to make the 3D render into a signature image, and I also added another part of the picture under the first one and gave it a "Lighten" blending mode so there weren't as many blank spots (that may be kinda hard to understand). I also added a border using photoshop.

Also, yes, Blender 3D is a freeware program. If you're interested, you can go here. It may look a little confusing at first, but once you read a few of the hundreds of tutorials they have, you'll get the hang of it.

Thank you all for your comments. I will address the brightness issue soon.

Very nice. I like the render, but the font isn't very appealing. You should also work on the border. It should flow like the rest of the sig. I also think you should make it lighter, it's to dark. My final rating is 7/10 .

well its really good. what isnt very nice and kinda destroys the niceness is the font of the text. and its a bit to dark. other than that its great. maybe this has been said a lot before but im not going to read it all. so thats what i think.