xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OneStopReefShop

Astrologer Sues Nasa? Whats the world comming to???

I found this article and almost couldn't believe the "Gaul" of some people, and how SUE crazy they are in this world!!!

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/'>http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

To take a quick quote from that article for you, so you understand just how crazy this is... I've pasted a small portion of that article here;

"Marina Bai has sued the U.S. space agency, claiming the Deep Impact probe that punched a crater into the comet Tempel 1 late Sunday ruins the natural balance of forces in the universe.
Bai is seeking damages totaling $300 million - the approximate equivalent of the mission's cost - for her moral sufferings."

I don't care what country the Lawyer that is pressing this case is from (in this particular case, they are from somewhere in Russia), but I feel they should be dis-barred for even wasting a courts time with something as ridiculous as this!!!

What do you all think???

You are absolutly correct in my eyes, it doesn't matter what country they are from, it will be executed here in america, because the company that they are sueing is on American oil.But, it is just like the woman about three years ago in my hometown that sued god and won, because lightning struck her house. She won on the grounds that god Failed to appear in the court room...People can be so stupid sometimes, and the Lawyers that go along with it can be so blind to think that all these frivilous lawsuits are a good thing for the economy.

Wow thats some funny stuff sueing for $300 million in damages over the imbalance of the universe due to a probes impact on a comet.Well Lawyers have won stranger lawsuites, but I am kinda finding it hard to beleive that anyone would be able to win a lawsuite over something as strange as this.Whats really strange is that someone even considered to represent this person in such a selfish act, Oh yeah thats right they are LAWYERS, well that is making some since.But who in there right mind really thinks they would have a chance of winning something like this, it was after all an scientific experiment.It is probably someones attempt at acheiveing wealth quickly but I really doupt that anything will really become of it.

I seriously dunno what this world is coming to...seriously, you don't put a label on coffee cups saying that the stuff is hot, and you get sued when somone spills it on themselves. :P

Anybody who attempts this should be thrown in jail for a looooooooooooong time, and their lawyers disbarred.

I seriously dunno what this world is coming to...seriously, you don't put a label on coffee cups saying that the stuff is hot, and you get sued when somone spills it on themselves. :P

Anybody who attempts this should be thrown in jail for a looooooooooooong time, and their lawyers disbarred.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

People like this deserve punishment. Thing is, once the ruling is over, and you get your dirty money, everyone will look at you in disgust. If you're ready to lose some friends, and be shuned by everyone who knows you, then you truly are stupid to lose that for an embarassing win in the court. You win and you lose something by doing this.

Another part of all of this that I just didn't understand... if this woman was complaining that it was "Messing up her astrological forcasts"... how was this effecting any Stars, Moons, or Planets???As I understand Astrology, it deals with relationships between Stars, Moons, and planets??? When did a passing "Once in a lifetime" commet have anything to do with astrology???AS for simply disbarring any Lawyer that would have the gaul to actually press this case, I don't think that punishment is near sever enough! Perhaps string 'um up by their toe's... skin them to death, and let them sittin there drip-drying for about 4 hours before you dip them in a pickle vat! *Evil Grin*Okay... perhaps I don't have ANY respect for Lawyers, especially the type that would actually accept this case.

This is just too crazy! At first just the idea of suing anyone because of a space collision is too damn mad. :P It makes me think about a story I once heard… A woman who broke into a nightclub and while she was climbing in through the window she fell and broke off a part of a tooth. After that she sued the nightclub for several millions (this is of course happening in the US!). Luckily she didn’t win! :P But I mean how stupid can you be?! Suing anyone because of a space collision, lightning or a break-in? These people just can’t be normal! Honestly these people should locked up somewhere and receive a lot of medicine treatment!They just can’t be normal! :)

Maybe I can get a piece of the action and sue vehicle manufacturers for aiding in polluting the countries with the fumes generated out of their vehicles, which is affecting my health and well-being and I'm finding it hard to sleep now, knowing that they are ruining our home planet.I think judges should be allowed guns and can make decisions instantly by pulling the trigger.MC

Im so sick of everyone jumping on the suing bandwagon. Everyone is looking for the get rich quick way out of everything.wwheeler, are you serious about the lawsuit against God?