xisto Community
marmaduke29

I'm Looking For A Free Virus Scanner spyware and virus protector

yes, i have webroot spy sweeper. It is great at catching viruses and trojans before they do any harm to your computer. It regulary checks your computer for viruses and trojans. I recommend it fully. =)Oh, and Reno is also a good one. The new ones are out and they are better then ever before. You should get back to me on that. If you have seen the latest one. Then you know its really good =) :P

Hey Sunny NOD32 is the best but its not free it has a one month trial on it so i think maybe AVG would still be the one to go for thats free, reasonably good at cleaning and user friendly.

I have to say that AVG didn't intsall for me. I downloaded it and it didn't contain a serial number so I couldn't use it!

If I remember correctly, you should get the serial number by email. Did you give them a real email address, and did you make sure that it will get through the spam filters? If not, try again, giving them a usable email address.
I have been using AVG for years, and like it better than I liked Norton or McAfee. Free doesn't hurt, either.

For Anitvirus the best free one that I've seen is AVG. I have never seen any problems with it and it seems to catch most viruses. I would suggest you suck it up and pay the $30 or whatever for a decent virus scanner though. I usually is a world of difference.I am betting that your real problem however is spyware/adware. The best programs I have seen for this is Ad-aware and Spybot. I run all of these programs on a daily basis and the computers tend to run 100% better afterward.Good Luck

From what I've been hearing, Avast seems to be pretty good. I'm currently using Norton, and trust me, it is really useless. Not at all worth the money - you are better off with Avast or AVG. My past experiences with McAfee keep me away from it, it caused more prolems than viruses!!!

i have one suggetion for all PC user that inneed of Anti Virus Protection or under virus atack,im doing like that:First of all u need to donwnload Anti virus program my opinion has stopped on KAV- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6u can easly download it form mother site.

Oh my! There must be atleast a dozen such topics that I've seen revealing names of various Antivirus software (again!) ;)

Anywayz, as alwayz - I'll stick to my ever-so-good recommendation - Avast! Antivirus (Yeah, the ! is in the name itself). It can be downloaded for free at https://www.avast.com/de-de/index

There are several versions of the program, you choose which one's the best for you-

Home Edition : Best for home/isolated PCs. Use this if you're not over a LAN or similar network.

Server Edition : If you're the administrator of a LAN or similar network, you can use this edition to protect all computers connected on the network. Must be installed on a server.

Professional Edition : Even with the above free versions, you can make a little donation to Alwil Software and purchase the Pro version, which gets you a handful of extra features (not that you can't live without 'em!)

The best thing about Avast! is its effective on-access protection! It has several modules which can be used selectively. Overall, comparing it with other free Antivirus software, I think is better off on features, as well as GUI! Of course, it integrates into the explorer shell and scans zipped archives, like all you'd expect from a decent antivirus software! And trust me, its far better than Norton - at all grounds!