xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
overture

Firefox 1.0.4 Issues Having a little problem with Firefox...

I just updates firefox to the latest version 1.0.4 and issues keep arising with it. like the history; when i had it set to 0 days it never remembered any sites which is what i want but now it remembers them no matter what. Certain sites i visit are now different and the downloads window keeps appearing whenever i download an image, big or small and doesn't close after it has finished which i have told it too.I also cannot seem to get a clean install it comes back with all the old settings, i have deleted all of what i know about but it installs and keeps the original settings with the default user rubbish.Anyone else having these problems?

Nope. This is the first time I'm hearing something like this. Why do you have the download window turned on anyways ? I've installed the downbar extension, which simply shows me a little download bar on the statusbar.. And I've completely turned the download window off.

You should take it off once, and then also delete the profile which you'll most likely find under, Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles - wipe this off or else your old settings will always stay. Install a fresh copy and reconfigure it... Also after you've uninstalled it, run some registry cleaner tool and or else manually wipe out all firefox references in the registry...something might have made your profile/registry keys go corrupt.

Only after doing the above steps, reinstall a fresh copy and see if the problems persists - I don't think they will.

I've dumped a whole bunch of junky extensions on my firefox, just to test 'em out.. none of them managed to corrupt it in anyways - except maybe slowed the startup process down a triffle bit.

thankyou m^e, that is what i have just done. I remembered the profile as i looked around for it before for another reason. It was the profile from which it was restoring the original settings and the like. I deleted it and it was perfect. :PI'd give you a reputation point for the speed of the response and for the vast knowledge which is welled up inside your brain, but i can't yet :P

You dont have to be any rank all except guest and banned i suppose can grant a use a reputation point with a reason but since the changeover from board systems i suppose the admins are working their way through all important add-ons and rep points isnt one of them.