xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SunBlind

My Work In Progress DM.NET Hosting

Hi guys! Just lookin for a few comments on my latest site, DM.NET Hosting. It's my little "network" of sites that offers small free hosting accounts, remotely hosted tools (such as forums, guestbooks, tagboards, counters, webmail, etc.), free graphics and design services, a link directory, script repository, and a little bit of useless information about me. Obviously, I can't offer asta's space to my visitors and all those remotely hosted tools would probably eat up all my mb allowance, so this is just up for users to reserve their accounts and get information on the future of DM.NET. Before I get bombarded with ccq's, I'd like to go ahead and address a few issues:

1. Yes, I know lime green is bright and hurts your eyes... But I like it too much, and can't bear to change it... my apologies.

2. I noticed that the background color under the navigational buttons is a lighter shade than the rest of the layout's background... I need to fix that.

3. There's a white space at the bottom right hand corner of the table, I have no clue what it is and I don't know how to fix it.

4. I forgot to add the drop shadow to the "look here" text. I'll do that later.

5. The signup form isn't up yet.

I appreciate any and all suggestions (as well as compliments, of course), and with all that being said, you are now free to move about the site.

I really like the design and the header. The limegreen doesn't hurt my eyes and really fits to the backgroundcolor.BUT I don't like the scrolling. I hate scrolling in general because it distracts me when I'm reading something. (I guess I'm the only one here who thinks that :P )

from my point of view: that lime green does not hurt my eyes, and eyes of others too, because it's on black background which is good. If it where black on green backgr. that would be killing of eyes. ok enough. your page is really innovative, and I like that you will givin free services to selected group of people.. so anyway I hope that you will finish most of your site soon, so I can pay a little attention to it, cos I found it interesting. maybe we can even do some link exchange sometime in near future with banners, buttons, or just text links, whatever you like :P. anyway, nice job there.

I'm too big a fan of scrolling either, but I didn't think it'd be a big deal because the main page is pretty much just there for looks and navigation. Besides, I didn't want to take up a bunch of space and have to fill it with more empty space, useless filler text, or ads. The only thing that will be loaded into the content box will be the signup forms for the hosted tools and the news, which no one ever reads. Everything else opens in external windows, so there's really nothing to get distracted from :P

from my point of view: that lime green does not hurt my eyes, and eyes of others too, because it's on black background which is good. If it where black on green backgr. that would be killing of eyes. ok enough. your page is really innovative, and I like that you will givin free services to selected group of people.. so anyway I hope that you will finish most of your site soon, so I can pay a little attention to it, cos I found it interesting. maybe we can even do some link exchange sometime in near future with banners, buttons, or just text links, whatever you like :P. anyway, nice job there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The background shows up as black on your computer??! Whoa, it's supposed to be like a medium teal! Lol Well, as long as it looks good :P Thanks a lot for the compliments, I really appreciate it! The site will be mostly done as soon as I get paid hosting (which will hopefully be this week) then I just need to get the rest of the hosted tools up. I'm actually looking for people to help out with the site, since I've started taking care of my 8 month old nephew as well as my 1 1/2 yr old son, so I won't have as much time as before to tend to accounts, support, updating and all that. Anywhos, thanks again and I would love to do an exchange!

The background shows up as black on your computer??! ....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey! nice to hear from you so fast. Well it's black really, but probably it's because of this cheap and lowbudget laptop Im using here at library... sometimes I forgot that it would look way much different on some good calibrated monitor...

well, if you need any help with creating graphics, html, or including of php scripts into html, I would be glad to help. You can check My Webpage and see what I can do... see ya. :P

the green didn't hurt my eyes at all. it was actually a really neat contrast. the graphics are good too. the background to me looked like a darker green? am i seeing that wrong?

finaldesign - Great site! You're very talented :P Yeah, I've checked my site on 3 different computers with 3 different browsers, and it always comes out teal to me *shrug* I dunno... I actually am looking for help with my advanced webpage generator (I get all these great ideas in my head, but I can never make them work =/) It's mainly inserting and pulling data to and from the database. (I'm not too good with db structure either) If you're interested, I'll PM you the details :P

decima526 - Thanks a lot, I appreciate it :P I guess I could try using a color a little more websafe while sticking to my awesome color scheme... I'll post it up when I get the chance.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, I appreciate it :P

i think the lime green's really good on the buttons, but it's a bit harsher in the main text for some reason. :P Anyway, it's still pretty good, so don't bother changing it. I would be glad to help with the forums side of things and also if you want to do an exchange, just email me the details when you're ready. Oh, btw, email is good for me, so if you want me to help with the forums side, you know how to get hold of me.Nice job on the site! :P

thanks, infamousflame! Ya know, the lime green was the only color that I liked for the main text... White was just as bad, but none of the others were really visible or they just looked like crap against the dark teal.I really don't need help with the setup of the site (I use XMB for all my forums, have for a year) but I am looking for people who would like to be support techs, designers, account admins, and stuff like that when the site is finally up. Hopefully, everything will be finished by the end of the month.Link exchanges are always welcome, provided you don't mind being put inside of a box that says "link whores" lol that's just my sense of humor :P

It's mainly inserting and pulling data to and from the database. (I'm not too good with db structure either) If you're interested, I'll PM you the details :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey! Well, to br honest, im too not quite good with databases, but PM me, so i'll see what I can do :P